Plucking around in illinois

Jknight587

Plucking around in illinois

Post by Jknight587 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 am

Hello everyone! It’s my first time on the site (I heard about it in an Amazon review of all places). I’m 30 and started playing guitar when I was around 11 or 12. I started out like many and wanted to be the next big metal head shredder, and eventually got introduced to classical as a means to increase proficiency, accuracy, speed, and build style, but fell in love with
it.
I had to put down my guitars for a bit during college and always meant to pick it back up, but life happened and unfortunately it got put on the back burner to things like marriage, children, work, etc.
Fast forward to now, and I’m recovering from open heart surgery and have plenty of time to do nothing, so it seems like the perfect opportunity to relearn a lot of stuff. I’ve been going back through my Parkening methods and have a few other resources (Segovia scales, the 20 Sor Studies transcribed by Segovia, a couple repertoire books, and some scores I’ve printed out from the internet-some Bach stuff, etc.)
I’m mostly self taught but also took lessons for about 2 years, but focused really heavily on theory in my lessons.
I look forward to learning with everyone here!

oski79

Re: Plucking around in illinois

Post by oski79 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can get pretty heated at times. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here is what Mssr. Delcamp himself has to offer on that.

It is important to note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Return to “Introduce yourself”