For teachers, concert performers, luthiers and composers

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

For teachers, concert performers, luthiers and composers

Postby Jean-François Delcamp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Dear fellow professionals,
Whether you are a luthier, concert performer, composer or teacher,
I invite you to make yourself known if you wish to be added to one of the professional groups of the forum.

These groups enable members and visitors to the forum to more easily identify the professionals among us. The indication "Luthier", "Concert performer", "Composer", or "Teacher" appears in the profiles of the members of these groups. The usernames of the members of these groups appear in a colour specific to the group.

The groups are defined as follows:

Members of the Concert performers group are professional guitar and lute players who give at least six concerts per year and have made at least one CD, and make a living from their performing. They give concerts in different countries. They make a contribution to the resources of the forum by posting, at least once a year, an mp3 or a video.

Members of the Composers group compose regularly for the classical guitar or lute, and are published. They should indicate in their profile under which publisher(s) their work has appeared. They contribute towards the free resources of the forum by posting, at least once a year, a composition or an arrangement for guitar or lute.

Members of the Teachers group teach classical guitar or lute professionally. They should indicate in their profile in which school or in which town or city they teach. They contribute to the teaching resources of the forum by posting mp3s or videos, arrangements or compositions, or analyses or online lessons, and regularly provide help to the amateur guitarists of the forum.

Members of the Luthiers group make a living from guitar or lute-making. They use their expertise to help other members by regularly answering questions and making useful posts on the forum.
(There is a separate group for amateur luthiers)

You can be a member of several groups at once if you contribute towards each of those groups.

Under certain conditions any member of the forum can promote his professional activities for free, whether he is a member of a professional group or not.

Members of the four professional groups must be registered under their real names, not a pseudonym. Usernames can be changed when joining a group.

If you are interested in belonging to a professional group, please let me know in reply to this post or by PM, supplying your real name if your username needs to be changed, and giving links to your relevant contributions on the forum.

Regards,
Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

Astra Piotr

Re: For teachers, concert performers, luthiers and composers

Postby Astra Piotr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:56 pm

I wouldn't be able to qualify for any of these groups but I really like the idea :-)

Mozart D. Lisboa

Postby Mozart D. Lisboa » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 am

My post was deleted... Why? And yet wasn't aswered... :?

See you all

:bye:

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Postby Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 am

Mozart D. Lisboa wrote:My post was deleted... Why? And yet wasn't aswered... :?

It was answered by one of the moderators, dear Mozart. Please check your "Inbox" in your control panel. :)

Alan

Alan Green

Postby Alan Green » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:45 am

Five more concerts and one CD to go before I make the "Concert Performer" classification - where's my diary?

Making a living out of it might still be a bit tricky though, but what a good idea to have identifiable professional groups

Alan

waitswatcher

Postby waitswatcher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 am

yes - great idea!

I'd like to join a group, but then, I also like my username ... what to do what to do ?!?

can't have it all, as the saying goes ... :lol:

Pal

Postby Pal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:09 am

((((((yes - great idea!

I'd like to join a group, but then, I also like my username ... what to do what to do ?!?

can't have it all, as the saying goes ))))))--------- Must promote this idea. Teaming up for Profile.

GerardCousins
Concert performers

Postby GerardCousins » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 am

Hello,
I would like to out in the "concert performer" classifications please,
Thanks,

Gerard Cousins

Jules Catbird

Postby Jules Catbird » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi, does this mean that a person in the 'teacher' section has to or must or is obligated to post regularly in that section and post teaching material?
thanks JC

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Jules,

It doesn't have to be teaching material as such, or in a particular section. It just means that they should be generally helpful towards less experienced players on the forum and give us the benefit of their experience in forum discussions, and that they need to make at least one contribution per year to the resources of the forum in one of the forms listed at the start of this topic, namely an mp3, video, arrangement, composition, analysis or online lesson.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

santiagolascurainguitar

Postby santiagolascurainguitar » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Wonderful idea!

I would like to be in the concert performer section. How do I access it?

Greetings

Santiago

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Santiago,

There isn't a section to be accessed as such. It is a group, which means your name would be included in our list of concert performers here and your username would appear in the appropriate colour and with the appropriate label.

The conditions are stated at the beginning of the topic as follows:
Members of the Concert performers group are professional guitar and lute players who give at least six concerts per year and have made at least one CD, and make a living from their performing. They give concerts in different countries. They make a contribution to the resources of the forum by posting, at least once a year, an mp3 or a video.

And M. Delcamp adds:
If you are interested in belonging to a professional group, please let me know in reply to this post or by PM, supplying your real name if your username needs to be changed, and giving links to your relevant contributions on the forum.

Before you can be considered by M. Delcamp for entry into the group, your username would need to be changed to just your real name (that is, "Santiago Lascurain"), which you can request in Your messages to the site administrator.

And also you need to have made a "contribution" to the forum, for instance an mp3 or a video of your playing. You need to post at least one such contribution per year, though of course more would be better! You can find rules and guidance on posting recordings here.

And finally, rather than put a link to your website in your message here, it is better to place it in your profile, so that members can access it easily while we stay within the forum's rules on self promotion. I've taken it out of your message, but you can put it in your profile by clicking on the "User Control Panel" link near the top left of the page, then on the "Profile" tab, then enter your website address in the "Website" field, and click on "Submit".

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

rebabattle

Postby rebabattle » Thu May 15, 2014 6:31 pm

I am a teacher in Idaho, USA giving private lessons. I have also taught in California, Texas, and Arizona. I have had the good fortune to have several students who place well in both local and international competitions.
user name: rebabattle
Rebecca Battle

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Rebecca,

Always good to welcome another teacher to the forum. In order to apply for the teachers group, there's one more requirement, which is to have submitted some form of "contribution" on the forum as described in the relevant paragraph of the first post of this topic, namely a recording, arrangement, lesson, etc. You'll need to give a link to at least one such contribution when requesting membership of the group (and will be expected to make a similar contribution for each year of membership). Once you've successfully applied, your username will be changed to your full name, so don't forget that you'll need to use that to log in with after that point.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Postby Stephen Kenyon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 pm

At Geoff's kind suggestion I would like to apply to join the teachers' section. In support of this I have already posted the following;
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=84492
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=84433
...and in particular would like to add some further educational videos in due course.

Stephen
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Introduce yourself”