Hello from California

Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons

Hello from California

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Hello, my name is Andrei. Originally I'm from Belarus (my first language is Russian), now I live in California and do software engineering.

I've been studying the classical guitar for about 5 years (when I was 25), but only about a year ago I started practicing seriously and regularly (every day 1-2 hours).
I'm still a lower-intermediate - intermediate player but acquiring good technical skills takes time, right? I believe I have enough patience to overcome all the difficulties I currently have: move gradually from easy to challenging, focus on difficult exercises or pieces with a lot of repetitions day after day, no rush, no noodling around. Patience and hard work. That will pay off, I know :)

I have never had and classical guitar teachers. I follow a Russian self-education guitar school course which takes 3-6 years to complete (if you practice a minimum of 1-2 hours a day). The course is very comprehensive and complete explaining all subtleties in depth. So, I believe I'm on the right track :)

When I was a child I play the accordion as part of my 5 year music education program. I also played the guitar very little (just knew 3-4 chords). But only after 25 I started learning Classical Guitar (the real thing).

I'm interested in classical music, early/classical guitar music and any other music which sounds beautiful when played on CG. I'm building my skills so that I can play Bach, Tarrega, Barrios, Albeniz etc. I desperately want their masterpieces to be part of my repertoire :)
Cordoba C9

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from California

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello Andrei and welcome to Delcamp forum! Feel free to join discussions or start a new topic. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 am

Thank you, Erik, for the warm welcome!

Here is more info about me.
My favorite pieces I can play (well, not perfectly of course) are:
- Air (Bach) arr. Per-Olov Kindgren
- Ave Maria (Shubert) arr. Chet Atkins
I think I'll post my playing later.

I'd like to learn and master Capricho Arabe by Tarrega but I won't start it until my technical skills are good enough. It means 2-3 years of practicing and playing other easier pieces.

I'll definitely take a look at the Lessons presented on the website after I complete my self-education program.
Cordoba C9

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sat May 27, 2017 4:43 am

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 am

I'd like to learn and master Capricho Arabe by Tarrega but I won't start it until my technical skills are good enough. It means 2-3 years of practicing and playing other easier pieces.
Dreams come true! Here is my first decent recording of Capricho Arabe:

Youtube
Cordoba C9

ukulelesteve1234

Post by ukulelesteve1234 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Beautifully played! You are a testament to patience and perseverance!
All instruments left-handed
Pavan Flamenco Negra
Córdoba C10
Mya-Moe Tenor Cutaway 'Ukulele, Low G
Mya-Moe Baritone Cutaway 'Ukulele
Kamaka Long-Neck Tenor 8-String 'Ukulele
Kanile'a Baritone 'Ukulele tuned C6, High G

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm

:merci: Andrei, for this bautiful music :bravo:
And - may I ask: what is the guitar that you play ? is it with cedar, or spruce top ?
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 am

Jacek A. Rochacki wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm
:merci: Andrei, for this bautiful music :bravo:
And - may I ask: what is the guitar that you play ? is it with cedar, or spruce top ?
Hi Jacek, sorry, I discovered your response only now. Thank you for your comment! The guitar is Cordoba C9 cedar top.
Cordoba C9

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Very Nice! Thanks for posting!
Hauser III 2014!

Return to “Introduce yourself”