US $.1500 Fabrizio Sapienza Romantic spruce 2016, Buffalo NY

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
jtres

US $.1500 Fabrizio Sapienza Romantic spruce 2016, Buffalo NY

Post by jtres » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 am

Type / luthier : Romantic Style Fabrizio Sapienza Guitar
Year of construction: 2016
Scale Length Bridge to nut: roughly 650mm
Nut Width: Approx. 49 mm
Top: Solid Italian Spruce from Trentino Alto Adige Italy with a tight grain in the middle... French Polished
Bracing: Ladder H
Back / Sides: Solid Flamed Maple from Trentino Alto Adige Italy … decorations in Olive Wood from Aquila Abruzzo Region
Neck: Cedar with Ebony/Maple/Rosewood Reinforcement Strip. Spanish flatter profile to the neck.
Fingerboard/bridge: Ebony
Sound:Delicate and soft romantic guitar sound
Condition: Very Good condition
Price: $1500.00

G string height at 12th fret: 3 mm
E string height at 12th fret: 3 mm

Video: https://youtu.be/CZkzs6rkqas

History:
Fabrizio Sapienza is an Italian luthier from Aquila Italy. Trained in the classical luthier school, Fabrizio makes Italian classical style guitars in the Italian ladder and H braced patterns.

Sound and Playability:
Sweet and delicate tone with the tone balanced between bass, mid and treble. The action is very good and it isn’t hard to fret. The guitar feels beautiful in hand.

Unique ORIGINAL features:
1. Beautiful olive wood decorations, with romantic guitar strap button in Olive wood, finger rest plate in Olive wood, and Olive wood inlay at the bottom of the top and side of the guitar.

2. Beautiful closed Panormo shaped headstock with ebony friction tuning pegs…. Maple veneer… incredibly beautiful

Condition described in detail:
The guitar is COMPLETELY handmade and is in very good condition. There are a few scuffs from finger strumming and there are three scratches on the left lower top of the guitar… these are not cracks! (see photos) They are in the finish and were simply scratches from the shipping company when the guitar was being originally wrapped. The reason for it is because it is french polished therefore even a small fingernail can scratch the finish. Guitar plays like a dream and sounds good. My only reason for selling is that I focus on Lute and Baroque double stringed guitar now. As is. No returns so ask any possible question you have.

Last edited by jtres on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tom Furnari

Re: US $.1500 Fabrizio Sapienza Romantic Spruce 2016, Buffalo NY

Post by Tom Furnari » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Very interesting guitar! GLWTS
Tom
Thomas Furnari

powderedtoastman

Re: US $.1500 Fabrizio Sapienza Romantic spruce 2016, Buffalo NY

Post by powderedtoastman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Looks very cool!
I would suggest stringing it up with Aquila Alabastro or Ambra and see how it sounds. In the video you provided it doesn't quite have the romantic guitar sound that I like to go after.. the strings may make a difference, I've never tried stringing mine up with the sort of strings you have there so I don't know if that would account for what I'm hearing or not hearing.

jtres

Post by jtres » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:01 pm

powderedtoastman wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Looks very cool!
I would suggest stringing it up with Aquila Alabastro or Ambra and see how it sounds. In the video you provided it doesn't quite have the romantic guitar sound that I like to go after.. the strings may make a difference, I've never tried stringing mine up with the sort of strings you have there so I don't know if that would account for what I'm hearing or not hearing.
It's simply a matter of the strings. I put new light gauge Labella 2001l black nylons strings on as they were laying around when a string broke on me. Here's a link to another Sapienza with the same exact bracing and construction without the unique adornments or friction peg tuners. With the right strings and recorder this is what it sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fliL3yNhPqw

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:47 am

Nice, that sounds really good! Surprise that the strings make that much of a difference but I guess it makes sense!
This is a very good bargain for that price, there are not usually many choices to get a romantic guitar in this price range other than an original from an unknown maker which may require a bit of work to get into shape.
If I wasn't already covered in the romantic guitar department I would jump on it.. hopefully you'll find a good home for it!

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 am

Very nice guitar & I would like to put in a good word for Fabrizio Sapienza. He is a traditionally trained European luthier who is a very skilled craftsman. Although very traditional, he has a great eye for design, and his work is impeccable.

I have included a couple of older photos of a carved jazz guitar he built in 1996 which is a work of art and a joy to play. It has since been set up with classical strings and is a wonderful tango/Brazilian guitar.

Thanks,

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bill on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Wimsatt
Student of the online lessons

Post by Tom Wimsatt » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Wow those are some really nice looking guitars.

jtres

Post by jtres » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Bill wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 am
Very nice guitar & I would like to put in a good word for Fabrizio Sapienza. He is a traditionally trained European luthier who is a very skilled craftsman. Although very traditional, he has a great eye for design, and his work is impeccable.

I have included a couple of older photos of a carved jazz guitar he built in 1999 which is a work of art and a joy to play. It has since been set up with classical strings and is a wonderful tango/Brazilian guitar.

Thanks,

Bill
Thanks for sharing your Sapienza guitar and experience.Very cool! I totally agree with you that his work is impeccable and he really makes every single guitar unique.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”