US $.3250 Radicic spruce 2000, Monterey, CA

Classical Guitars and Lutes for Sale.
This service is intended for the convenience of members who participate in the forum and is restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Members are limited to the sale of one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of 15000 euros, though these restrictions are not applied to members who have been registered for at least 6 months, are members of the 060 group, and are known for their frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise several instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).
eyedoc

US $.3250 Radicic spruce 2000, Monterey, CA

Postby eyedoc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:46 am

- Type / luthier: Classical Radicic
- Year of construction: 2000
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Top: Spruce
- Back / Sides: Indian
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony
- Sound: Open, Warm, Clear
- Condition: Mint
- Price:3500
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location (nearest city): Monterey

IMG_2404.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David_Norton

Re: US $.4995 Radicic spruce 2000, Monterey, CA

Postby David_Norton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:24 am

Not familiar with this builder, can you provide any info on him or the history of this guitar?
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

eyedoc

Postby eyedoc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:44 am

Yes,
Sasha trained in Europe in the same shop as Sebastian Stenzyl, I believe.
He builds now out of Saint Louis, and does several types of instruments
This guitar is very much reminiscent of the German builders Ober and Berg
Ron

eyedoc

Postby eyedoc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 am

I bought the guitar from Robin at the Guitar gallery in Nashville
She had it in her vault for 10 years, and still has some of his guitars on her website
Ron

Kintla

Postby Kintla » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:39 pm

I thought I remembered this guitar from years ago, (2003-2004). Would be an interesting guitar to try if I was nearby. I was interested in it at the time, (prior to receiving my spruce Rompre).

eyedoc

Re: US $.4500 Radicic spruce 2000, Monterey, CA

Postby eyedoc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Price lowered to $4500,
Ron

waime

Postby waime » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:27 am

Beautiful workmanship
2015 Darren Hippner Torres Cedar #813

SOLD
2002 Brian Dunn Double Top Cedar #12
Anonymous Cedar
Takamine EG128SC
2007 Joseph Redman Engleman Spruce, Zebrawood
2008 Loriente Marieta, Spruce
1993 Esteve 1GR9C Cedar
Yamaha CG101, Spruce, Nato

eyedoc

Postby eyedoc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:57 am

He does great work
This isa mature spruce too guitar
Ron

radicicclassical

Postby radicicclassical » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for kind words guys! That is correct, I started working at Munich guitar/zither shop Musik Hartwig in Aug. 1992 and soon after Sebastian Stenzel joined us. It was four of us working on the instrument buildings/repairs , Christine Wells, Martin Zirnbauer , me and Sebastian Stenzel . That was really good old times, good friends and awesome boss- Kurt Hartwig !!! , ( a heavy dose of nostalgia for me remembering it, must say... :) .........)
Now, here is the first hand report about SD 22 (which is Ron describing) ! This classical, I started indeed in Dec.1999 and it was finished in spring/summer of 2000, it's top is "light" German spruce top which I liked a lot back then...it was "noisy" piece of wood :) . The back/sides are really nice quarter sawn east Indian rosewood and the neck is made from Spanish cedar as far as I remember. The headstock veneer is east Indian ebony as well as the fret board. Nut is 53 mm, 12 th fret is 63mm. Body thickness at heel is 87 mm and at the end block is 95 mm. It is standard 650 mm scale. The inlay on the bridge and on the heel cap is genuine bone, I took inspiration from ornaments in Taj Mahal temple. Also important to mention is that interior of this guitar is as close as it gets to Torres 7 fan braced guitar where the braces are are actually old fashion triangular shaped plus V closing bar at the bottom of the lower bout! No under the bridge plate! The box has F sharp response. Unfortunately I do not remember what kind of tuner I put on, maybe Ron can help me on that? Rosette is hand made, one ring is bent at the time, and entire guitar is French polished.
Hope this can answer few questions about this SD 22 classical....boy that was 17 years ago , thanks for reading....
cheers to everybody in this forum,
Sasha Radicic, luthier

eyedoc

Postby eyedoc » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:24 am

The tuners are Alessi, which I put on several years ago. I had this guitar along side a Stenzyl for many years, and they were very comparable, but the tone of this one was always superior.
Ron

radicicclassical

Postby radicicclassical » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Ron, thank you so much for your quick reply! That guitar was one of the first ones I made upon arrival in USA, it is kind of special one to me...
I am glad you enjoy it ! Talk soon,
Sasha

rounie

Postby rounie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Hi Sasha,

Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, not a temple, thanks.
Let Music Unite All............
Richard Howell No.408 Cedar/Indian-2007

radicicclassical

Postby radicicclassical » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi Rounie,
Thanks for correction from your side, you are right- Taj Mahal is mausoleum, I just did not remember appropriate word in given moment when I was replying to topic about inlay on the guitar. Appologize for my ignorance!
best
Sasha

rounie

Postby rounie » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:16 am

Hi Sasha,

Nice to near from you, would like to try your instruments someday :)
Let Music Unite All............
Richard Howell No.408 Cedar/Indian-2007

radicicclassical

Postby radicicclassical » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Thank you Rounie, sure hope so ! You take care!

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”