AU $.5250US Dan Kellaway spruce 2015, Sydney AU

Classical Guitars and Lutes for Sale.
This service is intended for the convenience of members who participate in the forum and is restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Members are limited to the sale of one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of 15000 euros, though these restrictions are not applied to members who have been registered for at least 6 months, are members of the 060 group, and are known for their frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise several instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).
cgratham

Re: AU $.5250US Dan Kellaway spruce 2015, Sydney AU

Postby cgratham » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Peter,
That is a beautiful looking guitar - and the videos of its sister sound great. Unfortunately for me the household minister of finance has put me on a strict new guitar austerity program;-) Someone is going to get a great guitar at a great price. Good luck with the sale.

Chris

rounie

Postby rounie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:23 pm

String guru Peter,

You had said...The only thing better than one Kellaway guitar is two!!

I'd add on saying...The only thing better than one Howell guitar is two ;)
Let Music Unite All............
Richard Howell No.408 Cedar/Indian-2007

Kintla

Postby Kintla » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:18 pm

A very resonant and responsive guitar imo. Just the type of guitar I like. GLWS.

hoangle8

Postby hoangle8 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:37 am

Dan Kellaway 2015 for ~$5000 is certainly a very good buy. I had a chance to play his latticed guitar a few years ago. Beautiful woodwork, powerful and percussive sound with good string separation. Despite the latticed structure, it carried a sweet and mellow sound. Now, I myself feel tempted to acquire this particular guitar from Peter....

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 am

I used to own a lattice one. This one, traditionally braced but almost as loud, is more even top to bottom, has a better first string and better overall tonality. In another league in my opinion. :D

Peter Lovett

Postby Peter Lovett » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 am

Justfun wrote:The average Australian has about 5-6 guitars per house hold.

: )

fred

Oh dear. :desole: I am letting the side down with only one even though I am trying to change that. :(

That looks to be one hell of a nice guitar Peter. Severely tempted indeed if I wasn't in the process of looking at another guitar very soon.
1994 Jim Williams lattice braced, Cedar/Tasmanian Blackwood

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:27 am

Peter Lovett wrote:
Justfun wrote:The average Australian has about 5-6 guitars per house hold.

: )

fred

Oh dear. :desole: I am letting the side down with only one even though I am trying to change that. :(

That looks to be one hell of a nice guitar Peter. Severely tempted indeed if I wasn't in the process of looking at another guitar very soon.

I think justfun was close. Instead of saying that the average Australian had 5-6 guitars per household, he should have said Australian households have on average 5-6 guitars. I can attest to the accuracy of the latter as I have caused that statistic!

simonm
Amateur luthier

Postby simonm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 am

petermc61 wrote:… he should have said Australian households have on average 5-6 guitars. I can attest to the accuracy of the latter as I have caused that statistic!

Hmm … I wonder could the simonm household qualify for an Oz visa based on that. :-)

littleredkelpie

Postby littleredkelpie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:30 am

Hi,

I am keen to know if this Kellaway Guitar is still available?

Best wishes.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”