US $.5300 Kenny Hill Signature spruce/cedar 2012, Tampa,FL

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
guitarevan

US $.5300 Kenny Hill Signature spruce/cedar 2012, Tampa,FL

Post by guitarevan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:52 am

​- Type / luthier: Kenny Hill Classical
- Year of construction: 2012
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Top: Double top: European Spruce with Western Red Cedar underside
- Back / Sides: East Indian Rosewood with Cypress underside
- Fingerboard: Elevated Ebony Fingerboard. Nut: 51mm. String Spacing: 43mm – 50mm – 58mm (nut – 12th – bridge)
- Sound: Powerful, clear as can be, dynamic, colorful, as wide as open as you could imagine.
- Condition: Excellent. Tiny string ding under e string, and couple of tiny scratches (pictures). No cracks!
- Price: $5300 USD + shipping
- Viewing / trial possible: Of course!
- Location (nearest city): Tampa, FL. Will be moving to Milwaukee WI in 2 weeks.
-Tuners - Sloane!
This guitar up for sale is absolutely beautiful - visually, tonally, and ergonomically.
VIDEO LINK AT BOTTOM!
Trying to "thin the herd" before my move from Tampa to Milwaukee! Most specs are above. Lattice (all wood!) double top with Indian Rosewood back and sides.
I have to say, this is is the nicest Hill I've tried. I'm going to make a video/recording soon, but it's sustain and clarity is incredible. I was just playing some Albeniz on it and man, was it gorgeous. And talk about some power - it has it. All the way up to the highest of trebles (a range that I have found that Hill's lack in sometimes). Only reason I'm selling is I have a new guitar now and this one needs to go (even though I keep on picking it up and debating whether my new one is better or not :/ ). This guitar has such a surprisingly organic sound, yet you have all of the volume of modern guitars. It's an incredible experience to play it.
PM me any questions!
Any scratches are in the pictures. No cracks/repairs!
Comes with Case originally provided by Kenny Hill.

Hopefully you feel this price is fair. I'm open to offers but I believe this is pretty fair - for an exceptional guitar!

Video demo of guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbuYO10JLyc
1.jpg
2.5.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (17).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guitarevan on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joe Medina
Luthier

Re: US $.5500 Kenny Hill Signature spruce/cedar 2012, Tampa,FL

Post by Joe Medina » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello. Very nice. Could you tell me what type of finish is on the guitar?

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Joe Medina wrote:Hello. Very nice. Could you tell me what type of finish is on the guitar?
Thanks Joe, she's a beauty.
It's French polished!

Joe Medina
Luthier

Post by Joe Medina » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you. Let's see what the wife thinks

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Joe Medina wrote:Thank you. Let's see what the wife thinks
sounds good! And I might have a student that is interested in your B-2 you are selling :)

Joe Medina
Luthier

Post by Joe Medina » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:20 pm

No doubt being married can have its drawbacks. My wife is ready to kill me. I would love to own a Kenny Hill and a Smallman someday though. I'll keep playing the lottery. Yeah, in regard to the B-2, it's still here if your student is interested. The sound sample link is listed above. Have a good night Evan

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:03 am

No problem Joe, thanks for the message!

Hey guys! Just made a video on the guitar! Hopefully you enjoy! I don't do it justice. I recorded it on my Zoom H1 and iphone for video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbuYO10JLyc

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Very nice video, Evan. It shows off the instrument quite well.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:00 am

David_Norton wrote:Very nice video, Evan. It shows off the instrument quite well.
Hey thanks David! It's tough to capture, so I appreciate that comment!

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:24 am

Wanted to mention I'm willing to work on price a bit if it means selling it in the next week!

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:11 pm

Price reduced to $5300 for this week! (If I can ship it by Friday!)

Ted O'Farrell

Re: US $.5300 Kenny Hill Signature spruce/cedar 2012, Tampa,FL

Post by Ted O'Farrell » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 am

Very nice guitar! Excellent playing as well!

Ted
Hector Marrero 2001
"A Good Cup of Coffee"

"Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart." Andres Segovia

sayar

Post by sayar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:24 am

I own a KH signature cedar/spruce top. It sounds great.
I would recommend it to serious guitarist.
If I had the money, I would buy it. Unfortunately, I cannot afford; and of course, as was mentioned above, the "wife factor" is there too!!

Ceciltguitar

Post by Ceciltguitar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:31 am

Hi Evan, nice video! Nice guitar! I hope that you were successful selling the guitar. You play 998 well!

What was the last tune that you played an excerpt from on the video?

Thank you.

ltcjwe

Post by ltcjwe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:10 pm

New to forum and checking guitars for sale. I am in Tampa - know its been awhile but wondered if guitar is still for sale.

John Eggeman

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”