Type / luthier: Jose Ramirez Classical Guitar
- Year of construction: 2013
- Scale length (mm): 650mm
- Top: Double Top (Cedar+Nomex+Cedar)
- Back/Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Neck/Fingerboard: cedar with ebony fingerboard, 52 mm nut width.
- Sound: A concert level Ramirez guitar, with the haunting woody tone, great high E string, incredible sustain and warmth. As good as any of my finest vintage Ramirez guitars.
- Condition: Excellent, almost mint with the exception of a small string burn below the bridge.
- Price: $15,000 USD
- Viewing: local viewing possible if you are in the Los Angeles, CA are.
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA.
A gorgeous sounding instrument that is rare to come across. Ramirez only makes a handful of these each year, mostly custom orders.
This has been my main instrument that I have been playing in concerts.
The tone of this guitar is reminiscent of Segovia and Parkening's great recordings with which we are all familiar.
The guitar has great volume and projection, but, as one would expect, the trebles sing like nothing else out there.
The high E string is absolutely incredible as you could hear in these Youtube video. I have toured and recorded with this guitar and the instrument rivals my best Ramirez guitars from the 60s.
The sound is mature, seasoned, alive, opened up and has a very good presence; the guitar does everything a Ramirez from the 60's and 70's would be expected to do only with greater projection due to the double top construction. It has a wonderful voice and responds extremely well to the touch.
Aesthetically, the instrument is in nearly MINT condition. One minor string burn but I have taken incredibly good care of this guitar in spite of the fact I have been touring with it. It has been kept at 50% humidity and treated with great care. No repairs, no issues, just a great sounding guitar in great shape.
This is a 650 mm scale and is very comfortable.
Materials: beautiful Indian Rosewood (back and sides) and Cedar Sandwich double top.
Please ask all and any questions. I would love to answer them. Take the guessing game and the gambling factor out of purchasing guitars. Check out the video recordings, both live and studio, check out my feedback track record and the detailed description of the guitar.
Cancion de Cuna
Canco del Lladre (Catalonian Song)
Granada (Live Concert)
Capricho Arabe (Live Concert)
Three Catalonian Songs (Live Concert)