FR €.6400 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Classical Guitars and Lutes for Sale.
This service is intended for the convenience of members who participate in the forum and is restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Members are limited to the sale of one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of 15000 euros, though these restrictions are not applied to members who have been registered for at least 6 months, are members of the 060 group, and are known for their frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise several instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
Icarus11

FR €.6400 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by Icarus11 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 am

- Luthier: Paco Santiago Marín
- Model, year: XXX Aniversario, 1999
- Top: spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood (bottom in 3 parts with a central band in ebony)
- Nets: rosewood
- Neck: cedro
- Key: ebony (with 20th fret)
- Rodgers precision tuners
- Scale: 650mm
- Weight: 1,500 kg
- Condition: Very good condition despite some small scratches on the varnish of the top.
- Price: 6400€ (6700 US $)

The models "XXX Aniversario" were the best guitars of Paco Santiago Marín of that time.
These guitars are built with the best wood, decorated with a central band in ebony and equipped with Rodgers tuners.
The interior is similar to the "Concert" model with some improvements. Recently appeared the "40 and 50 Aniversario".
The models "XXX Aniversario" are among the best guitars of Grenade, they are among the most powerful and refined.

This guitar has been played professionally for the last four years in solo as in chamber music and has developed all its aromas. It possesses an exceptional dynamics and an incredible comfort of play. I contacted Paco Marin recently who has increased his rates this year and no longer offers Brazilian Rosewood. For the story this guitar appears in the last issue of the journal Orféo devoted to the lutherie of Grenade on page 54, you will notably observe the fan bracing of the top:

Visible on Bordeaux and Paris, depending on my travels.

Here are some pictures taken by Alberto Martinez (Orféo):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Icarus11 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

waitswatcher

Re: FR .7400 € Paco Santiago Marin, Spruce, 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by waitswatcher » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:53 am

beauty!

Icarus11

Re: FR €.7200 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by Icarus11 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Following the demands of some people, Paco Santiago Marin today sells his guitars 9400 euros (10 000 US $) with Rodgers' tuners in Indian or Madagascar Rosewood. The Cutting of Brazilian Rosewood being forbidden it stopped the production. It is therefore the occasion to have a guitar of the master in Brazilian rosewood (Rio) with the best tuners.
Last edited by Icarus11 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

ben etow

Re: FR €.7200 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by ben etow » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi,

I tried this particular guitar recently, as well as 32 other Paco Marín (three of them my wife and I owned for a few years). I can confirm that this one is among the good to very good guitars made by Paco.
Besides, the happy owner will get very nice woods and tuning machines as a bonus.

GLWS, Icarus11.

Icarus11

Re: FR €.6800 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by Icarus11 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Thank you Ben, yes it's a wonderful instrument. I lower the price to 6800 €, an honest price for an instrument of this quality.

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 am

I'm able to play this model every time I go to my friends house and I'm amazed of the smell of the rosewood-sweet, wow!

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Peter5

Post by Peter5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:54 am

I love Pacos instruments and this one looks nice to me. However IMHO a bit overpriced, sorry.
Peter

Jae Lee

Post by Jae Lee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:34 am

Is the nut original? The string spacing between strings is uneven--the distance between G and D string is too narrow compared to others.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:01 am

Jae Lee wrote:Is the nut original? The string spacing between strings is uneven--the distance between G and D string is too narrow compared to others.
Looks pretty normal to me.

tom0311
Amateur luthier

Post by tom0311 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:22 am

petermc61 wrote:
Jae Lee wrote:Is the nut original? The string spacing between strings is uneven--the distance between G and D string is too narrow compared to others.
Looks pretty normal to me.
+1. Looks absolutely fine. Zoom in on the picture of the guitar face on.
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.”

Jae Lee

Post by Jae Lee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 am

Sorry for the picture illusion. My phone screen was too small.

Joakim2017

Post by Joakim2017 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Icarus11! The guitar looks really nice. I tried to send you a private message but I did not succeed with that....
I´m interested in seeing the guitar in "real life"

/Joakim

Icarus11

Post by Icarus11 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Joakim! I sent you a private message.

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 am

Joakim2017, Make room in your house this one is coming with you.....
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Icarus11

Re: FR €.6400 Paco Santiago Marin spruce 1999, Bordeaux/Paris

Post by Icarus11 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi evrybody,

New price: 6400 € (6700 US$)

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”