FR €.7000 Dominique Delarue spruce 2013, Avignon

Classical Guitars and Lutes for Sale.
This service is intended for the convenience of members who participate in the forum and is restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
Members are limited to the sale of one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of 15000 euros, though these restrictions are not applied to members who have been registered for at least 6 months, are members of the 060 group, and are known for their frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise several instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
Djibzs

FR €.7000 Dominique Delarue spruce 2013, Avignon

Post by Djibzs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi!
Delarue (spruce top) on sale, don't let it go :wink:

-Luthier: Dominique Delarue
-Year: end of 2013
-Scale: 650
-Top: Spruce
-Back/side: Malaysian Blackwood, double sides.
-Fingerboard; bridge: ebony; Indian Rosewood
-Sound: extremely well-balanced. Good projection, lots of harmonics, and a large possibility for the tone production. (Audio recording made with an iPad, without any changes (sorry for the mistakes): https://soundcloud.com/user-726899898/s ... er-i-et-ii ).
-Condition: Excellent, except for a varnish mark on the lower part of the top.
-Price: 7000€ (without shipping cost), sold with a brand new Hiscow pro-II.
-Trial: yes.
-Location: Orange (near from Avignon). It is also possible (contact me before) to try the guitar in Paris, Aix-en-Provence, Marseille, or in Barcelona (Spain).

Last edited by George Crocket on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: OPs request
2016 spruce Renè Baarslag
2013 spruce Dominique Delarue (on sale)

WoodNString

Re: FR €.7000 Dominique Delarue spruce 2013, Avignon

Post by WoodNString » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Nice guitar. Love his cedar guitars; never had the chance to try the spruce. Best of luck with the sale.

Djibzs

Post by Djibzs » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 pm

In fact, this is my second Delarue, my first one was a cedar one (also really good). I have decided to change for this one, because in my opinion, it one had a lot of projection, and at the same time a warmer sound, with more contrasts. Never tried another spruce from Delarue, but I definitely prefer this one to the 8-10 cedars that I have tried (some of my friends are obsessed by Delarue (cedar version ;) ). This one is, at the beginning, a bit harder to control, but when you reach to understand this guitar, you really can make beautiful things with it.
I guess that then, it is a matter of taste...

Peter5

Post by Peter5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:51 am

Hi,
could you compare this one with other guitars by French luthiers, e.g. Field, Friederich or Rohe?
Thx
Peter

Djibzs

Post by Djibzs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi.
I have never tried any Field, nor Rohe, only heard it from outside (but in live) :)
I absolutely prefer this one to the 2 field I have heard, and I think, even if it is different, that it is in the same "line" as Rohe. I don't have enough experience to say if Rohe is better or not.
My previous guitar was a cedar Delarue, and it was quite difficult to compare to a cedar Friedrich (1978-1980 I think): The two guitars were quite equals, each one with his own advantages.
But then, I've bought this spruce one, that I prefer in many points, compared to my previous one (sorry Carlos :lol: ): more balanced, a better tone, more presence, even if the trebles were not as "explosive" (I prefer but I know that everyone doesn't agree on this).
So yes, Delarue is ont of the greatest "traditionnels" luthiers in France.

André Blanc

Post by André Blanc » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello Peter,

I can give you some information between all these guitars. I have compared Friederich from the 80's and some cedar Delarue. the Delarue is louder and maybe warmer, but the Friederich has its un beatable specific color. I will say that Delarue is closer to a Friederich anyway than a Field. I have tried the 'old' field from the 80's and the new one are very different to me - incredibly good. But they are spruce and very different from the cedar Delarue or Friederich. In that case the Delarue is a spruce top.. I never tried any spruce top delarue but that should be clearly a great guitar. As far from the Rohe, to me who lives in Paris France, I have never met any player who owns a Rohé (I kown a lot of french player), I have never tried one of those. It is to me a mistery, it seems that the Rohe guitars are more famous outside France.

Delarue is definitly a great and .. affordable french luthier. Way above the other french luthier in the same price range.
Last edited by André Blanc on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lots of lattice & double top, 6 course Lute Paul Tompson, , acoustic guitar , H&D OOSP, Blue Fower fender telecaster and some more . www.concert-classical-guitar.com

Charles Mokotoff

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:28 pm

André Blanc wrote: Delarue is definitly a great and .. affordable french luthier. Way above the other french luthier in the same price range.
I owned a spruce Delarue for a while and would definitely agree with this statement, mine was much older and quite lovely, I'd imagine this guitar for sale would be even better. The Field I played was a good deal louder than my spruce Delarue, but almost twice as expensive.

Good luck with your sale!

Peter5

Post by Peter5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Thank you Andre, much appreciated. I own a Rohe but I am lacking the comparison to the others...

Thanks !
Peter

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I sold my Delarue cedar some months ago. Now I regret it. It was the best cedar I ever played. Never seen a spruce from Delarue. Must be gorgeous as well.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

Djibzs

Post by Djibzs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks everyone.
May I remind you that if you want to experience the sound (ok, with a low-medium quality, but correct anyway), I have put a link to a soundcloud page where I play this very instrument.
I past it here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-726899898/s ... er-i-et-ii
This is the best way to tell you how it sounds :)

Peter5

Post by Peter5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks Djibzs ! Sound is extremely subjective as we all know. Judging the sound from such a sound sample is so much dependent on the recording equipment and setting, very often it does not justice to the real guitar sound. That´s at least my experience. But as I said before, any discussion on sound is difficult ....Nice playing though !

Carlos

Post by Carlos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi there, just to say I am the happy buyer of djibzs previous guitar, a Delarue cedar - definitely a great guitar! He sold it to me so that he could buy this one - so this one must definitely be great! If I had the budget I would buy it as well ... but I would certainly never sell mine ... I am not crazy ... congrats in advance for the future owner of this beauty! Cheers,
Carlos.

Ledhand

Post by Ledhand » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:41 am

I'm the happy owner of a cedar Delarue. This one looks intriguing. Could you please contact me if it's still for sale? I just re activated my forum membership, and apparently can't send private messages.

Thanks,

Gary

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:21 am

Hi Gary. Welcome back. To maintain your membership you need only keep up an average of at least one post for each month of membership, and formally log in at least once a year. Many of our basic functions require at least two posts. Your second could be to re-introduce yourself here. :discussion:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

MPRT

Post by MPRT » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:01 am

It appears that all of those people fortunate enough to own a Delarue Cedar cannot speak highly enough about them. I would like to add my voice to the choir. I would dearly love to add this guitar to my collection but I would also dearly like to remain on speaking terms with my wife. This would be a brilliant addition to anyones collection. Good luck with the sale.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”