GB £.2500 Luciano Lovadina 1989 spruce, Manchester

Postby Rasqeo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:28 am

- Type / luthier: Luciano Lovadina
- Year of construction: 1989
- Scale length (mm): 664mm
- Top: Solid Alpine Spruce
- Back/Sides: South American Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Sound: Strong bass and trebles for a traditionally built instrument. Very even sound throughout.
- Condition: In good condition considering age, with some noticeable playing wear on the top.
- Price: GBP £2,500
- Viewing: local viewing possible

I've decided to sell my 1989 Lucíano Lovadina spruce guitar. Although a 664mm scale guitar it does not feel like a big guitar (in the way say a Ramirez does). The sound is very impressive, with a strong bass and trebles and a great clarity and evenness to the sound (see video).

Although not apparently a well-known luthier, Luciano has has some top class professionals play his guitars, including Carlos Bonnell, Morgan Szymanski, Oscar Ghiglia, Guilio Tampalini among others. The list speaks for itself!

The guitar was recently professionally set up by Roger Williams in Lichfield. The work included a fret-dress, lowering the action slightly and servicing the tuners. As a result, the guitar plays excellently and as noted does not feel like a 664mm scale length.

The overall condition is good considering the age of the guitar but there are a couple of issues to be aware of - the top has numerous playing marks which are difficult to see in the pictures - the guitar has obviously been well used by a previous owner. This is generally a sign of an excellent guitar!

I was also told by the previous owner that when the guitar was constructed a slight split appeared in the wood ribs, which was immediately repaired by Luciano and has never raised itself again. These minor issues, which do not affect the sound or playability, are reflected in the asking price. This is a top class instrument for a very reasonable price. I am selling reluctantly in order to fund another purchase.

Link to video of the guitar being played:

Youtube
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rasqeo

Re: GB £.2500 Luciano Lovadina 1989 spruce, Manchester

Postby Rasqeo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Forgot to mention, a Pegasus hard case is included in the sale (worth a few hundred quid alone!)

Rasqeo

Re: GB £.2500 Luciano Lovadina 1989 spruce, Manchester

Postby Rasqeo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm

No longer available. Please archive.

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”