US $10000 Stephan Connor spruce 2012, Milwaukee

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
guitarevan

US $10000 Stephan Connor spruce 2012, Milwaukee

Post by guitarevan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:10 am

USA $.10000 Connor Spruce 2012, Milwaukee
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic): classical guitar by Stephan Connor
- Year of construction: 2012
- Scale length (mm): 650
- Top: Lunar harvested master grade european spruce
- Back / Sides: Indian rosewood with maple strip
- Fingerboard / (bridge): ebony
- Sound: loud, mid range, warm
- Condition: good
- Price: $10,000
- Viewing / trial possible: yes
- Location (nearest city): Milwaukee, WI

This guitar was made for Sérgio and Odair Assad, and owned by Odair Assad. I bought it directly from them. Its sound is large and booming, with lots of mid range, huge color variation across the strings. It has an elevated fretboard and Gotoh tuners. The Lunar Harvested soundboard is gorgeous and one-of-a-kind. It is clear that Stephan Connor put extra thought into this magnificent instrument for the Duo Assad.

Has some minor dings here and there on the soundboard and neck (most of them there from before I purchased from the Assad Brothers), but overall was handled with care, without rasgueado marks, and kept at proper humidity levels.
Included is a custom built Hoffee Carbon fiber case. It's really a tank.

For some reason Attachments weren't working, but here are all the pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/u3dlK

caneti3

Re: US $.10000 Stephan Connor Spruce 2012, Milwaukee

Post by caneti3 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:24 am

This guitar is the same that Odair plays in this video? https://youtu.be/F9bQFD3BNkM
Thanks!

celestemcc

Re: US $10000 Stephan Connor spruce 2012, Milwaukee

Post by celestemcc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:14 pm

I got to play a double-sided (laminate) cedar-top that Steve made for one of the Assads... it was amazing! Liked it so much that I asked Steve for the same bracing on my (regular-sides) spruce top.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Muggins Simoon

Post by Muggins Simoon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 am

Wow. What a beauty. That spruce top looks amazing . Good luck with the sale
2011 Mathieu Trepanier Sitka/Koa
2000 Otto Vowinkel Concert Spruce/Brazilian
1998 Christopher Dean Spruce/Indian
1995 Richard Schneider Sequoia/Brazilian
1979 Dauphin Model 40 (Japan-signed label) Cedar/Indian

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:53 am

Somebody better sell their Harley to buy this one.

Yamaha GL1

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 am

Still available

ltcjwe

Post by ltcjwe » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm

It looks remarkably similar to this Stephen Connor on e - b a y at a different price. Is it the same? I am in the market for a new classical guitar & am a fan & follow your youtube & other web posts.

Mod edit:direct link to auction removed; do not link to commercial sites please.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:15 pm

ltcjwe wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm
It looks remarkably similar to this Stephen Connor on e - b a y at a different price. Is it the same? I am in the market for a new classical guitar & am a fan & follow your youtube & other web posts. ...
Given that the description is identical and the location is the same, I think you can be pretty sure that it is the same seller and same guitar.

guitarevan

Post by guitarevan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:57 am

ltcjwe wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm
It looks remarkably similar to this Stephen Connor on e - b a y at a different price. Is it the same? I am in the market for a new classical guitar & am a fan & follow your youtube & other web posts.
Yes that’s it! Lowered the price. $9000. Send a message if interested! By the way, nice to see you on here, I need to visit these forums more often!

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”