SG US$.3888 Antonio Raya Ferrer spruce 2015, Singapore SG

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
quixilver

SG US$.3888 Antonio Raya Ferrer spruce 2015, Singapore SG

Post by quixilver » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:26 pm

For sale is a lovely guitar made in 2015 by Antonio Raya Ferrer of Granada - he is a son of Antonio Raya Pardo and also the great-grandson of Eduardo Ferrer. He has been working with his father since years ago in the same workshop and the quality of his guitar is on the same quality as his father's work. You may search numbers of articles regarding the history of their family in the Granada school of guitar-making.

This guitar has the blend of traditional Granada guitar characteristic, the clear and rich "singing" trebles are balanced with warm and deep basses. It has a decent volume and projects pretty well, although not as strong as many other modern guitars, combined with a wide range of tone color/tonal palette; it allows its player to expressively play various types of music. I personally think, this guitar is very suitable to play Romantic pieces, which require passionate expression through dynamics and variety of tone colors.

It is very comfortable to play for both left and right hands, the neck profile is just nice - not too thick nor thin. When I bought this guitar, Antonio supplied few alternative nuts and saddles, each of them with different measurements offering different actions to play around.

Overall, this is definitely a decent instrument with a pleasing quality of sound made of very good materials and built by experienced luthier from a strong family roots of Spanish guitar history. Within this price range, I hardly find any better guitar and this particular guitar is still in an excellent condition. It has no damage, cracks, splits etc. There are one or two nail marks to the back of its neck which are very shallow to be photographed but not concerning at all.

- Luthier: Antonio Raya Ferrer Classical
- Year of construction: 2015 (No. 184)
- Scale length: 650mm
- Top: German Spruce - a nice silky top and very tight even-grain width (aesthetically one of the best spruce top I have encountered) decorated by a fine-detailed rosette with all natural colours and a Rosewood bridge with mother-of pearl framing to the tie-block
- Back/Sides: Brazilian Rosewood - sorry, no CITES document
- Neck/Fingerboard: Spanish Cedar with Ebony fingerboard
- Tuners: Fustero 202 with Snakewood buttons
- Condition: Almost new
- Price: 3,888 USD + shipping cost (negotiable)
- Viewing: You will be welcomed with coffee or tea :D

Edit:
- The machine head is not a standard Fustero from the workshop, it is an upgrade with 200 EUR top up.
- Standard Hiscox case will be included (please refer to the image below)
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (7).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (8).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-22 at 09.58.24 (6).jpeg
16230800_266201000483522_5102665479747534848_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by quixilver on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brusko

Re: US$ 3,888 Antonio Raya Ferrer Spruce 2015, Singapore SG

Post by Brusko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:04 pm

One of my dream guitars at a ridiculously low price point. What a steal this is. Where were these guitars when I was looking for them? :mrgreen: :casque:

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:20 pm

quixilver wrote: - Viewing: You will be welcomed with coffee or tea :D ...
Lovely looking instrument and the tea or coffee would be very welcome. However the 12-14 hour (direct) flight each way would spoil the experience I fear. :-)

Good luck with the sale.

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Very nice. Do you have a CITES certificate for the guitar?

All the best

/Jon
1965 - Masaru Kono No.5
1973 - Ryoji Matsuoka No.80
1976 - Kazuo Yairi YC-250
2007 - Lorenzo Frignani

You are the instrument, not the guitar

quixilver

Post by quixilver » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:03 am

rinneby wrote:Very nice. Do you have a CITES certificate for the guitar?

All the best

/Jon
Unfortunately, it did not come with any CITES document but I have been traveling with this guitar without any issue at any airport. I have updated my post with this information.

Thanks Jon!

quixilver

Post by quixilver » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:14 am

Brusko wrote:One of my dream guitars at a ridiculously low price point. What a steal this is. Where were these guitars when I was looking for them? :mrgreen: :casque:
Thanks for your comments!

It was of course not an easy call to make but I am expecting a new guitar to come and this will make a way for it. I tell myself that I have to maintain the number of guitars and I always feel bad if they are neglected. Again, this is a considerably good deal for the money. Nothing came up on my mind if I have to think any other "better" guitar at this price range.

MPRT

Re: SG US$.3888 Antonio Raya Ferrer spruce 2015, Singapore SG

Post by MPRT » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:03 am

The guitar presents beautifully and I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. For me the only issue is the CITES. Whilst I appreciate that the guitar must have been through a number of different custom check points to get to Singapore importing it into Australia still presents as a risk. Good luck with the sale.

quixilver

Re: SG US$.3888 Antonio Raya Ferrer spruce 2015, Singapore SG

Post by quixilver » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:40 am

Bump for the weekend :)

I will be traveling to London and Minneapolis on the third week of next month, chances to hand-carry this guitar into the country without any CITES required for import shipping and save the shipping cost as well :)

Australia/Sydney would be the next destination during the winter in June or July...

Have a great weekend!

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”