CA CDN$.6000 Jordan McConnell Hauser #7 spruce 2001, Quebec, Canada

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
malin819

CA CDN$.6000 Jordan McConnell Hauser #7 spruce 2001, Quebec, Canada

Post by malin819 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 pm

I have CITES paperwork for the guitar 8)

Hi Folks,

I can say that I was a privilege to own a very rare guitar made by the Canadian luthier Jordan McConnell. He is well known for his acoustic and currently hold a stellar reputation for producing high quality instrument. The guitar is based on the famous Segovia Hauser. The guitar is very loud with powerful basses and sweet ring bell trebles. Willing to ship the guitar :)

Price is 6000$ CDN and not USD

The guitar was pleked by well-known luthier here in Ottawa, Canada. Action is sitting at 3.8mm Low E and 2.8 High E

Top: Englemann Spruce
Back and sides: East India Rosewood
Neck: Spanish Cedar
Fingerboard: Ebony
Bridge: Rosewood
Nut and saddle: bone
Binding: cocobolo rosewood
Rosette: Cocobolo / Rosewood
Tuners: Schaller
Scale lenght: 650mm
52mm Nut
Finish: Lacquer Water Based

Guitar has one small ding from a string slippage at the bridge.

Last edited by malin819 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Philosopherguy

Re: CA C$.6000 Jordan McConnell Hauser #7 spruce 2001, Quebec, Canada

Post by Philosopherguy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Pretty high inflation on guitars these days!
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

Kurt Penner

Post by Kurt Penner » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm not in the market but it is nice to see one of my guitar's siblings. I have #14 from 2002. Maybe I'll post some pics in the multi string subforum.

Kp

malin819

Post by malin819 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Philosopherguy wrote:Pretty high inflation on guitars these days!
I had 2 appraisals done by reputable shops. Its actually priced lower then the appraisals

Muggins Simoon

Post by Muggins Simoon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Gorgeous guitar
2011 Mathieu Trepanier Sitka/Koa
2000 Otto Vowinkel Concert Spruce/Brazilian
1998 Christopher Dean Spruce/Indian
1995 Richard Schneider Sequoia/Brazilian
1979 Dauphin Model 40 (Japan-signed label) Cedar/Indian

malin819

Re: CA CDN$.6000 Jordan McConnell Hauser #7 spruce 2001, Quebec, Canada

Post by malin819 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 am

Any good offers won't be denied :)

Batstone

Post by Batstone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Looks like a nice instrument but to be honest it would have to perform exceptionally well to warrant the asking price. It being the luthiers first classical instrument...Did you purchase it new? There are several experienced luthiers in Canada who are offering great instruments at more affordable prices

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 am

TBH I would advertise it over on the AGF: Jordan McConnell has a big reputation there for his steel-strings (esp. with Dream Guitars promoting him very hard) and you might catch a steel-string player who fancies a "go" at nylon and would perceive this as a very good buy given the price of McConnell's steel strings.

Here, for 6K used, I'm guessing people are going to be looking for someone with a lot more experience of building nylons.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

Batstone wrote:Looks like a nice instrument but to be honest it would have to perform exceptionally well to warrant the asking price. It being the luthiers first classical instrument...Did you purchase it new? There are several experienced luthiers in Canada who are offering great instruments at more affordable prices
Would you like to own the first ever Humphrey or the first ever Daniel Friederich? Why not the first ever Jordan McConnell Classical? Some days ago I purchased the second ever self made guitar of the young Giovanni Tacchi in Florence and I can tell you his guitar is marvelous.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Do you want to buy my first ever guitar? ;)
Raimundo 148 Cedar
L. T. An Guitar C150 Spruce
Takamine G128 Spruce

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 pm

If it as good as the Tacchi Friederich replica - yes, definitely.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

malin819

Post by malin819 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks guys!

Indeed Jordan McConnell has a stellar reputation. I would be open for a trial is someone is interested

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 pm

malin819 wrote:The guitar was pleked by well-known luthier here in Ottawa, Canada. Action is sitting at 3.8mm Low E and 2.8 High E
Never hear the term "pleked" on Delcamp. Does it really make a difference on nylon string guitars? After about 10-15 minutes of playing my guitar starts to wake up. Anyway good luck with the sale!

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm

zupfgeiger wrote:
Batstone wrote:Some days ago I purchased the second ever self made guitar of the young Giovanni Tacchi in Florence and I can tell you his guitar is marvelous.
If Jordan McConnell's dad has the talents of Giovanni's father to guide him, then definitely!

Same goes for Oliver Woodfield. With Philip lurking around in the same shop just a couple of feet asway, I'd be pretty confident of the son's output.

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Number 6 wrote:
malin819 wrote:Never hear the term "pleked" on Delcamp. Does it really make a difference on nylon string guitars?
I've had plenty of guitars Plek'ed but all of them electrics or steel strings, where I was after a low action without buzz.

I doubt it would bring anything to a nylon guitar given that their average action is so very much higher, but I'm happy to listen to those with personal experience.

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”