GB £.1495 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert cedar 2013, London

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.
Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. In the absence of this information, the moderators will regretfully have to withdraw your ad from the forum. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
US $.7500 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez cedar 1971, Ashburn, VA
($.7500 = $7500), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject. This will display ads in order of country and price. The function to sort in ascending (or descending) order of subject is available at the bottom of the page below the guitar sales listings.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold. Ads that have had no response for more than one year will be moved to the archives. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
UKsteve

GB £.1495 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert cedar 2013, London

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Yulong Guo classical, Chamber Concert model.
650mm scale length
52mm nut
Cedar double top with lattice
Indian rosewood back and sides
Excellent condition (see comments below).
£1750 GBP
Viewing London or St. Albans.

I took this guitar in part exchange for a more expensive guitar that I was selling on this board a couple of months back. A very good friend of mine has a Koa Yulong Guo so I know how good these guitars are, so I was happy to take it in part exchange. I’ve really enjoyed playing it this last while but it’s time for me to move it on as I never intended to keep it.

It’s a 2013 Chamber Concert with a cedar doubletop. Details can be found here:

http://www.guoguitars.com/chamber-concert.html

It’s a professional quality guitar – the London Guitar Studio sells many of these to students at the Royal Academy, who part with their traditionally built guitars for them: The Guo is very responsive, loud and has great clarity and separation. An excellent performing instrument and fine for home playing for those of us who wish to progress to a better instrument at a reasonable price.

It had a small string burn just behind the high E string at the bridge when I got it and I’ve had David Merrin (who looks after the Granary Guitars collection) repair this by filling and re-laquering; see pic. David has also given the guitar a make-over and adjusted the saddle etc. so that it plays perfectly without buzzes etc. Action is 2.5mm top E and 3.5mm low E at the 12th fret. Comes with the original case as pictured.

I’m after £1750 for this. These are currently £2995GBP at the London Guitar Studio (4600 USD on the Guo homepage) so save yourself a whole lot of cash.

Please PM me if you’d like to see it.

MrSteve

Re: GB £.1750 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert cedar 2013, London

Post by MrSteve » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm

I had a Yulong Guo Chamber Concert that I sold last year to fund another guitar.

Very good guitar, very loud (this guitar will be heard over any concert hall without any amplification). Easy to play.

At the price this seller is asking, it is a tremendous value.

Good luck with this sale
2016 Chris Sobel Luthier Guitar Cedar/Madagascar Rosewood
2007 Darren Hippner Hauser SP/BRW
Yamaha SLG130NW Classical Silent

2012 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert Double Top SP/EIRW (SOLD)

Cincy2

Post by Cincy2 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm

I've played several. They are still an amazing bargain. Very good quality and a distinct voice. Not everyone's cup of tea but to my ears, lovely but modern.

Cincy
A wood box, empty
A sensitive heart, too full
You and I connect.

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:18 am

MrSteve wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm
Cincy2 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm
I've played several. They are still an amazing bargain. Very good quality and a distinct voice.
Thank you very much gentlemen. I agree!

I've had a few trade offers but, as this itself was a trade, I'm really looking to move it rather than exchange it.
I am tremendously happy with the guitars that I have and am not looking for more (unless someone has a David Merrin they'd like to move on...).

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:50 am

It appears my lovely pics have been subject to the recent Photobucket ransom demand for $499. haha; they're not getting that.
Bye bye photobucket. I'll investigate other hosts. In the meantime, pics available direct - just PM me your email address if you're interested. Interest from outside the UK but I'd rather sell at home if possible unless buyers from outside the UK are prepared to arrange their own courier.

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm

OK - I can't edit my original post but now hosting on Flickr rather than the uber-expensive Photobucket, so alternative pics uploaded here:

PM me if interested; it's a lot of guitar for the money.

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Weekend bump: Need to move this so make me an offer!

UKsteve

Re: GB £.1495 Yulong Guo Chamber Concert cedar 2013, London

Post by UKsteve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 pm

MrSteve wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm
OK- I need to move this so 1495 GBP is the price now, so even better "tremendous value"

Mods could you please edit the thread title to reflect this, i.e. GB £.1495

akwillmon

Post by akwillmon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:23 pm

I would love to buy this, but I don't think my wife will agree to it! I will try my best.

dequad

Post by dequad » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi UKsteve,

New member here so can't use PM yet.
If you could do international shipping I'm very interested in this one. Thanks!
Last edited by dequad on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ben etow

Post by ben etow » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 pm

akwillmon wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:23 pm
I would love to buy this, but I don't think my wife will agree to it! I will try my best.

I find myself in the very same situation...

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 pm

dequad wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:35 pm
If you could do international shipping I'm very interested in this one. Thanks!
I've had lots of international interest in this, I suspect due to the weak GB Pound.

I'll be happy to ship internationally if you arrange the courier and insurance from your end. That's the cleanest solution in case anything goes wrong, since you are the owner of the guitar having paid for it before shipping.
I'd make sure it is well packed and arrange to be in when the courier picks up.
I have shipped a few guitars before (mostly steel strings) and all have arrived safely thus far...

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”