Dear Moderator, sorry I have to cancel the sale of this guitar. Thanks.
Type / luthier: Classical, Masaru “Kono” Kohno
- Year of construction: 1962
- Scale length (mm): 650mm
- Nut width (mm): 50mm
- Top: Spruce
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other): Fan
- Back / Sides: Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony
- Sound: Deep bass and bright Treble
- Condition: No cracks. Very Good condition. Minimal scratches
- Price: $3500
- Viewing / trial possible: in Tagaytay City
- Location (nearest city): Manila
This 1962 crafted 3-years after Masaru Kohno's apprentice with Arcangel Fernandez and Ignacio Fleta in 1959. The headstock is very Fleta. Absolutely no cracks nor repairs, outstanding condition for a 1962-- I rate it 9 out of 10. It is very articulate and piano like with the complexity you'd expect from a spruce top. Basses are alive, rich and powerful sounding.
Pictures Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23522420@ ... 4226936443
Thanks to member ES335-- made me double-check the bracing of the my March 1962 Kohno. From the flickr album you will see a 5-parallel bracing similar to 1961 Konos. From dandan's drawing by late 1962 Masaru changed his bracing.
Overseas shipping available-- buyer pays. Will be packed professionally.