GB £.2500 Paul Fischer Conservatoire guitar spruce 1995, Oxford UK

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
pogmoor

GB £.2500 Paul Fischer Conservatoire guitar spruce 1995, Oxford UK

Post by pogmoor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm

- Type / luthier: Classical Guitar / Paul Fischer 'Conservatoire' model
- Year of construction: 1995
- Scale length: 650 mm
- Width: 52 mm
- Top: Spruce
- Bracing: Lattice (Paul Fischer 'taut' system)
- Tuners: Rogers
- Back / Sides: Maple
- Fingerboard / Bridge: Ebony / Rosewood
- Sound: Resonant and penetrating
- Condition: Has suffered some impact damage (see below)
- Price: GBP 2500
- Viewing advised
- Location (nearest city): Oxford UK

This is a very individual guitar both in design and in sound, made in 1995. The bracing is Paul Fischer’s ‘taut’ system and it has two soundholes in the upper bout; this design derived from Paul's experiments with configurations based on one of Simplicio’s designs from the 1930s. Its sound is rich and resonant with a quality reminiscent of the baroque lute and it has excellent projection. Tone and volume is very even across all the strings and sustain is very good throughout its range. Its somewhat penetrating tone makes it an effective instrument for playing in a mixed ensemble.

The guitar lives in a very robust carbon fibre and leather case that I got in 2015 - the prototype of the guitar case that can be seen on the caldercases.com site.

Unfortunately six or so years ago when I moved house, before it acquired this case, the guitar sustained some damage when a music stand fell on it. However it is a robustly built instrument and the damage is superficial and doesn’t affect its playability. However I have reduced the asking price considerably to reflect the damage.

The attached photos include various views of the guitar, including pictures of the damage (which is obvious in closeup but doesn’t show up that much in use because of the light colour of the guitar). I think one of the tuning machines may be very slightly bent - but I don’t think you can actually see this in the photo, and it doesn’t affect its function.

This Fischer guitar was my main instrument for 10 years or so and I hadn't intended to sell it but, somewhat unexpectedly, I won a 2017 Ramirez Guitare del Tiempo in the raffle at the West Dean Classical Guitar Festival this year. This has turned out to be an excellent instrument and provided me with a dilemma as to which guitar to sell as I no longer have the space for three full size guitars!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: GB £.2500 Paul Fischer Conservatoire guitar spruce 1995, Oxford UK

Post by simonm » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Good luck with the sale. And congrats on winning the Ramirez. I am very glad that I am no where near you, otherwise I would be severely tempted to come by and have a look. :-)
The case is amazing too.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

This is a very impressive guitar. Having owned one of the Fischer Taut model, your description of the penetrating tone is spot on.

Paul's Taut guitar some how able to produce such penetrating tone that words are hard to describe. It will leave you with a strong impression after you play it once.

For better illustration is to watch some of the latest video by John Mills playing the Taut guitar.

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Are those tuners for sale? ;)
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1997 - Dragan Musulin
2004 - Alain Raifort Grand Concert
2006 - Casimiro Lozano XXV Aniversario

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm

You can find a soundclip of the guitar here: https://soundcloud.com/pogmoor/sarabandeclip. (I'm playing a the first few seconds of Sarabande by Jean Mercure - here's a less good recording on a different guitar of the whole of the piece: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11030&p=378518#p100874.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

bobbyboy

Post by bobbyboy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Can you ship to USA.
BB

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 pm

bobbyboy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm
Can you ship to USA.
I'm reluctant to do that. I'd rather sell in the UK.
Eric from GuitarLoot

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”