Free Guitar Software

Post here only items useful for reference purposes.
Forum rules
Post here only items useful for reference purposes.
Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Re: Free Guitar Software

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

Cédric wrote:I'm the guy who made http://sed.free.fr/sight .......I now would tend to think that the best way to learn your fretboard is to pick the guitar up and play by reading various pieces, trying to focus on associating the notes you play with what you read. Well, at least for me (the maker of the stuff), this little program was not very useful. Ironic, no? :-)
Draw your own conclusions!

atza

Post by atza » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 am

There are other kinds of free guitar software like amp simulators. But that's for electric guys indeed

Nodrog

Post by Nodrog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Try a program called "Absolute Fretboard Trainer".. about 50$ from www.Absolutefretboard.com
It has all kinds of exercises and trains you to use the entire fretboard.

tbon

Post by tbon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:00 pm

My teacher thinks that indeed we need to know the fretboard by heart, no thinking involved, just recognition. Forget the rules, and the numbering, we don't have time to count the frets when sight reading. The best way to learn the fretboard by heart, is by doing, that is by playing a lot of music in all tonalities and all positions, easy music I mean. The more you play, the better. He said: just do Sagreras books 1 to 3 and you will be fine. Sagreras will teach you a lot of patterns used everywhere, the very building blocks of music, he said. After that, you see them in your score you play them, see... no thinking, no counting frets, no memory games. I am by no means there, but I can attest that the Sagreras books are wonderful material too teach the fretboard.

Tea Toradze

Post by Tea Toradze » Mon May 25, 2015 10:24 am

excellent !
very useful for beginners...
thanks for sharing...

creamburmese

Post by creamburmese » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Fret Tester is an apple app that has the option of showing a note on the staff and identifying it on the fretboard

sakthivel v

Post by sakthivel v » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:50 pm

thank you so much.

Return to “Reference Library”