2017-04-14 Cordefactum Guitar Festival - Lier, Belgium

James Lister
Luthier

2017-04-14 Cordefactum Guitar Festival - Lier, Belgium

Post by James Lister » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm

This year the Cordefactum Guitar Festival in Belgium will include a day devoted to the Leonardo Guitar Research Project.
For those who don't know, the LGRP is a European project aimed at studying, demonstrating and communicating the possibilities of building acoustic and classical guitars from non-tropical woods.

The festival features concerts, lectures (mostly on luthiery) and a guitar exhibition, including a "Local Wood Challenge" Show on the Friday. I'll be exhibiting 2 of my guitars (one tropical, one non-tropical).

Highlight will be the Saturday evening concert, with Marcin Dylla. Marcin will be playing my 100th guitar, which he has had on loan for a little over a year. (More about my 100th guitar here, and here.)

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

James Lister
Luthier

Re: 2017-04-14 Cordefactum Guitar Festival - Lier, Belgium

Post by James Lister » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:00 am

Heading off to Belgium early tomorrow morning. Guitars are ready - just need to get myself together...

If anyone here is planning to go - do drop by my stand and say hello!

James

Monteverde

Post by Monteverde » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am

That is very exciting, James -- a great achievement. Thanks to you for being at the forefront in using non-tropical woods and to Marcin Dylla for supporting your work (and that of the LGRP) by featuring your exceptionally beautiful guitar in concert.

Best regards.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:08 pm

James Lister wrote:Heading off to Belgium early tomorrow morning. Guitars are ready - just need to get myself together...

If anyone here is planning to go - do drop by my stand and say hello!

James
I'd love to come, but it's Easter and my family seems to have other plans than letting me drive the 50 or so kilometers to Lier for the Festival. :evil:

BTW: gorgeous maple guitar, your No 100, James. May I loan it as well for a year or two? :D
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Monteverde wrote:That is very exciting, James -- a great achievement. Thanks to you for being at the forefront in using non-tropical woods and to Marcin Dylla for supporting your work (and that of the LGRP) by featuring your exceptionally beautiful guitar in concert.
Thanks!
zupfgeiger wrote:BTW: gorgeous maple guitar, your No 100, James. May I loan it as well for a year or two?
If you can produce as much good publicity as Marcin - I'll consider it!

James

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 pm

FB_IMG_1492340911460.jpg
Marcin playing my guitar last night. It's always a treat to hear him play, but hearing him play on one of my guitars made it very special.

He had been persuaded to play two other guitars by Luthiers at the festival in the second half, so only played mine for the first half, but the guitar came over very well, and I've had lots of positive feedback today.

If course, most of the credit should go to the player rather than the Luthier. :wink:

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 pm

James Lister wrote:FB_IMG_1492340911460.jpg

Marcin playing my guitar last night. It's always a treat to hear him play, but hearing him play on one of my guitars made it very special.

He had been persuaded to play two other guitars by Luthiers at the festival in the second half, so only played mine for the first half, but the guitar came over very well, and I've had lots of positive feedback today.

If course, most of the credit should go to the player rather than the Luthier. :wink:

James
Congratulations. Having a top guitarist like Marcin playing ones guitar in a major performance must be any luthier's dream

:bravo:

bacsidoan

Post by bacsidoan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

James Lister wrote:FB_IMG_1492340911460.jpg

James
Congrats, James. I think that half a session with Mr. Dylla is better than heap of praises from us mortals.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am

Congrats, James. Pity that I could not make it to Lier on Saturday.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Tobias Braun, Santos copy, spruce/yew, 2017
Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

kirolak

Post by kirolak » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm

How marvellous, for both of you! Congratulations!

Return to “Archives - Classical Guitar Concerts”