Moreira, Celso - Choro para juliana

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
rafaelcheib

Moreira, Celso - Choro para juliana

Post by rafaelcheib » Wed May 07, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi

Celso Moreira is a great composer from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. I study harmonization and improvisation with him. He is a great musician and a great person. I am studing with him for a long time and I can consider him a great friend.

This is one of his songs called "Choro para Juliana". Juliana is his wife, by the way.

I am eager to hear coments about the composition and the interpretation.

I recorded this song with an AKG C3000 microphone...

I hope you like

Best regards

Rafael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Re: Moreira, Celso - Choro para juliana

Post by Vesuvio » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello Rafael,

Thank you so much for asking permission to post this lovely composition by your friend and teacher. I am delighted to be able to hear you play this and I have thoroughly enjoyed it,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Guitar Slim

Post by Guitar Slim » Wed May 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Very nice piece, very well played. Nice recording, too.

Is there a score?

rafaelcheib

Post by rafaelcheib » Wed May 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Guitar Slim wrote:Very nice piece, very well played. Nice recording, too.

Is there a score?
Thank you!

Yes, there is... But I don't have it in computer files. I will ask Celso and see if he has it and if he would like I post it here in the forum...

Best regards

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm

The best (only?) way to explain the word "saudade"* is to provide an example, so you can experience it for yourself...

Thank you both for this beautiful piece of music. I have not listened to much Brazilian music in the last few years because each piece I heard had already been imprinted with too many memories or associations that were too specific... (flash backs were too vivid)

It is wonderful to have a chance to experience saudade again, but with a fresh new perspective :casque: Thank you Sr. Moreira for this composition, and you Rafael for the recording.

*From Wikipedia:
In his book In Portugal of 1912, A.F.G Bell writes:
"The famous saudade of the Portuguese is a vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist, for something other than the present, a turning towards the past or towards the future; not an active discontent or poignant sadness but an indolent dreaming wistfulness."

rafaelcheib

Post by rafaelcheib » Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Azalais wrote:The best (only?) way to explain the word "saudade"* is to provide an example, so you can experience it for yourself...

Thank you both for this beautiful piece of music. I have not listened to much Brazilian music in the last few years because each piece I heard had already been imprinted with too many memories or associations that were too specific... (flash backs were too vivid)

It is wonderful to have a chance to experience saudade again, but with a fresh new perspective :casque: Thank you Sr. Moreira for this composition, and you Rafael for the recording.

*From Wikipedia:
In his book In Portugal of 1912, A.F.G Bell writes:
"The famous saudade of the Portuguese is a vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist, for something other than the present, a turning towards the past or towards the future; not an active discontent or poignant sadness but an indolent dreaming wistfulness."
Some brasilian poet wrote: "Saudade is presence of the absence"

And by the way... :merci: very much

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Wed May 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks a lot for posting this beautiful piece, congratulations to your performance and of course to the composer! This fits very well into my current brazilian music trip. I'd also love to see a score, if this would be a possibility!

Best wishes

:bravo: :merci:

Wolfgang

Matt Molloy

Post by Matt Molloy » Wed May 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Rafael,

Absolutely beautiful. Wonderfully played and my compliments to your teacher for writing such a lovely piece.

At the risk of having another beautiful distraction, I'm with everyone else for the score.

Thanks again.

Matt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morcambe

Proud member of the LGCI.

Guitar: James Lister 2009 SP/MP.

rafaelcheib

Post by rafaelcheib » Thu May 08, 2008 3:47 am

Matt Molloy wrote:Hi Rafael,

Absolutely beautiful. Wonderfully played and my compliments to your teacher for writing such a lovely piece.

At the risk of having another beautiful distraction, I'm with everyone else for the score.

Thanks again.

Matt.
Thank you Matt! I will ask him and tell that a lot of people are enjoying his song... He is going to be very proud!

Best regards

matoyamni

Post by matoyamni » Thu May 08, 2008 11:38 pm

That was so beautiful Rafael! And the sound is so rich - I love the recording quality.

I would love to get a transcription of that piece as well.

Thank you for posting it!

Julie

owl

Post by owl » Thu May 08, 2008 11:57 pm

matoyamni wrote: I would love to get a transcription of that piece as well.
Add me to the list... just lovely!

Thank you

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

philparker

Post by philparker » Sat May 10, 2008 4:00 pm

This might be predictable, but...one more for the list!!

It is a beautiful piece and very well balanced (without straying from the theme). An excellent recording too with a wonderful resonance and warm rich tone.

:bravo:

norban

Post by norban » Sat May 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Absolutely delightful :P

The composition as well as the rendition.
A life without music is possible but very poor.

CGR

Post by CGR » Sun May 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Mysterious wife, relaxed music that says it all
I want the score too

rafaelcheib

Post by rafaelcheib » Mon May 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi everybody who wants the score...

Celso told me he is going to send the score to my e-mail... So I am going to post it as soon as I get the file. I invited him to join the forum, but I think he is not going to...

But anyway, thanks for all coments! Celso is really proud and so am I!

Best regards

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”