Piazzolla, Astor - Verano Porteno

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
lucy

Piazzolla, Astor - Verano Porteno

Post by lucy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 pm

I was delighted to read that Chanterelle have given permission for their publications to be uploaded onto this forum.

This arrangement is by Baltazar Benitez and I hope this is within the scope of the permission given, since I'm assuming that it also applies to Piazzolla's own copyright too? Sorry if I've got that wrong - please remove the recording if I've made a mistake.

Anyway, I've been learning this piece for quite a while now, so I thought I'd upload it. Any feedback would be appreciated - positive or negative. It's a recording of a live performance in an art gallery.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

TomasMolina

Re: Piazzolla, Astor - Verano Porteno

Post by TomasMolina » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 am

Very very good Lucy. I like it very much. I play this piece also, but more in the style of Shinichi Fukuda (you can hear his interpreation in Youtube; I think is one of the best).

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:53 am

Thank you, Lucy!

It is my understanding that Chanterelle Publications holds ALL of the rights to the music in their editions. So, as far as I can see, CONGRATULATIONS! You are the first member to post a piece by Piazzolla on the Delcamp forum! :D

You've done a spectacular job of it, too! You've captured the improvisatory nature of the music beautifully and play with lots of color and technique.

:bravo:

Alan

owl

Post by owl » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:33 am

Wow Lucy, great job! :applauso:
I love Piazzolla and play this one myself... it's great to hear it on Delcamp
Fantastic to know that Piazzolla is now allowed here... I have recorded a few pieces so I'll have to see what I can dig up :mrgreen:

This is not an easy piece and you have captured the essence
Thank you for a very enjoyable listen :casque:

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:50 am

Hi Lucy,

This is great! Sounds like a real challenge to play,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 am

Nice fire in your play!

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your very warm comments - really appreciated. :D

Alan, I've been learning this piece for a while and never thought I'd be able to upload it - so when I saw it was now allowed I jumped in! :chitarrista:
owl wrote:I love Piazzolla and play this one myself... it's great to hear it on Delcamp
Fantastic to know that Piazzolla is now allowed here... I have recorded a few pieces so I'll have to see what I can dig up :mrgreen:
Yes, it is great we can now upload Piazzolla!
And its also great that you've recorded some - I look forward to hearing it! :casque:
TomasMolina wrote: I play this piece also, but more in the style of Shinichi Fukuda (you can hear his interpreation in Youtube; I think is one of the best).
I looked up this and he certainly plays it with power and passion.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Dear Lucy, thank you for posting a piece of my favourite composer. I love it! :love:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 pm

I like this piece a lot and wish I could play it, amazing arrangement by Baltazar Benitez, well done. I'm always intrigued by the subtle dissonances. Is g natural in melody and g sharp in harmony common in tango or is it Piazzola checking how much modernism he can get away with?
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Wonderful! :casque:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Thank you, Lucy, that was excellent!
owl wrote: Fantastic to know that Piazzolla is now allowed here... I have recorded a few pieces so I'll have to see what I can dig up :mrgreen:
I look forward to that :D . Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, though, not all Piazzolla is allowed here. They must be pieces played from Chanterelle editions, and this must be made clear in the post.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

TomasMolina

Post by TomasMolina » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:50 pm

GeoffB wrote:Thank you, Lucy, that was excellent!
owl wrote: Fantastic to know that Piazzolla is now allowed here... I have recorded a few pieces so I'll have to see what I can dig up :mrgreen:
I look forward to that :D . Just to make it absolutely clear to everyone, though, not all Piazzolla is allowed here. They must be pieces played from Chanterelle editions, and this must be made clear in the post.

Geoff
Why?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Because we have been given specific permission by Chanterelle to upload recordings of pieces from their editions, for which they control the copyright. We have not been given permission by other publishers, so would be breaking copyright law if we uploaded recordings of Piazzolla works taken from their publications without permission. There is a list here of permissions received so far.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

TomasMolina

Post by TomasMolina » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 am

GeoffB wrote:Because we have been given specific permission by Chanterelle to upload recordings of pieces from their editions, for which they control the copyright. We have not been given permission by other publishers, so would be breaking copyright law if we uploaded recordings of Piazzolla works taken from their publications without permission. There is a list here of permissions received so far.

Geoff
Ah, but if I do my own transcription can I upload it?

owl

Post by owl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 am

GeoffB wrote:not all Piazzolla is allowed here. They must be pieces played from Chanterelle editions, and this must be made clear in the post.
Absolutely Geoff... most of my pieces are also Baltazar Benitez arrangements... I'll make that clear if I upload :mrgreen:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”