Mollberg, Jonas - Orion - Video

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Massimo Piazza

Mollberg, Jonas - Orion - Video

Postby Massimo Piazza » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 pm

A simple piece very evocative written by Swedish composer Jonas Mollberg.On his website you can find many Free compositions for guitar: http://www.mollberg.se/show.php?pageid=1

Youtube

willbo2000

Re: Mollberg, Jonas - Orion - Video

Postby willbo2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Very nice and a bit different. Well played!
:merci:

PatD

Postby PatD » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 am

:bravo: well played!

KeMe

Postby KeMe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

:bravo:
Beautifully played , Tamada.
I really enjoyed your performance of this lovely piece. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to hear you play.

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

David Belcher

Postby David Belcher » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 am

Tamada, your tone is downright exquisite in this video. A really nice piece and excellently played! Thanks!

dave b
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

Massimo Piazza

Postby Massimo Piazza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

KeMe wrote::bravo:
Beautifully played , Tamada.
I really enjoyed your performance of this lovely piece. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to hear you play.

Kay :sorride:

:merci: :bye:

Sandan

Postby Sandan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:56 am

I'm reliving this discussion to appreciate Jonas Mollberg' generousity to share his compositions in the internet. His compositions are outside the the box for traditional classical guitar pieces.

In addition to the famous Orion, he has many other pieces that are wonderfully composed based on classical guitar techniques.
I encourage all of you that are not familiar with his works to visit his website.

This is a quote on his book: "One purpose of this material is to create a bridge between pop and rock music and the traditional guitar repertoire. As a guitar instructor, the author has often wished there was material based on classical guitar technique but at the same time sounding more like modern, popular music. He also felt a need for a body of literature which is idiomatic and really makes use of the possibilities of the guitar, so he created these pieces. The pieces frequently use open strings as one way of releasing the magic of the guitar. Another prominent element is the use of arpeggio technique, which provides a continuous and natural flow of music.

The book is aimed at guitar students as well as people who take delight in music that is melodious and easy to play but doesn't require too much technical skill to perform. The book is written in standard notation and tablature."
:)
Mathematics is Music for the mind and Music is Mathematics for the soul. "ANONYMOUS"

2016 Robert England - Bubinga with cedar top
2014 Robert England - Customed Venetian Cutaway maple with spruce top
2008 Robert England

Tuomas Kourula

Postby Tuomas Kourula » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Thank you for posting your video. Very nice!

It's also interesting to find out about J. Mollberg, who I had not heard of before. Especially as I'm trying to write music in the same vein, generally speaking. Thanks for that also!
of the guitar, by the guitar, for the guitar

skbc

Postby skbc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm

very interesting music....

PeteJ

Postby PeteJ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Lovely tone and playing but I find the music dull. My apologies to JM.

Sandan

Postby Sandan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:34 pm

PeteJ wrote:Lovely tone and playing but I find the music dull. My apologies to JM.

Sorry you find it dull, this is another interpretation which I personally think is better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIkYk8jZSEc
Mathematics is Music for the mind and Music is Mathematics for the soul. "ANONYMOUS"

2016 Robert England - Bubinga with cedar top
2014 Robert England - Customed Venetian Cutaway maple with spruce top
2008 Robert England

PeteJ

Postby PeteJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Very nice performance! I'm afraid I still hear a lot of doodling though, rather than a musical structure. Just my taste and not a criticism of any kind.

spanishguitarmusic

Postby spanishguitarmusic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 am

Very beautiful piece and wonderful playing! I really loved listening to you play! I also took a look at your website and it's a wealth of information! I bookmarked it already! Thank you.

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”