Bach Prelude Cello Suite No 1 advice please? BWV 1007

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
gtrfinger

Re: Bach Prelude Cello Suite No 1 advice please? BWV 1007

Postby gtrfinger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Sorry for ( very ) late reply, thanks everyone, I worked out my own arrangement, and fingering in the end. Will post a recording when its up to scratch. Don't you find working out your own arrangements more worthwhile? But more time consuming,!
google Mike Fowler guitar

Anastas

Re: Bach Prelude Cello Suite No 1 advice please? BWV 1007

Postby Anastas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:05 am

I'd like to add my point of view, hope to be useful.

Music of Bach is really complicated, moreover it is not written for guitar. That is why I like playing as much transcriptions as I can found for a piece, and look for the interesting and undiscovered moments of Bach's original. In the end I play some version of the prelude, which is my version, based on the versions I have known. It is hardly very different then the existing transcriptions, but the process of make it clear leads one to better understanding of the music

I agree with Polifemo de Oro that the version of Yates in C is interesting and can not be excluded. I also like Aaron Shearer's transcription.

So, my suggestion is to look/hear at as much transcriptions as you can, and try to build your own point of view about the piece.

Best regards,
Anastas

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”