Simon Powis Classical Guitar Corner ?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
aba

Re: Simon Powis Classical Guitar Corner ?

Postby aba » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Pauline, yes I have.
I share my progress on the repertoire pieces on the CGC forum and I have had a lot of motivating and good critical responses. There are a lot of friendly fellow students to give motivating response and a few students (and one teacher) that give very good critical advice to improve your playing.

kamikazepilot

Postby kamikazepilot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:04 am

I have certainly benefited from the forums , mainly in help on technique & fingering problems that I was encountering in the on line lessons. All of my cries for help have answered by others who have encountered the same problem or by one of the ''staff''- who will go into quite a lot of detail. The one thing that I would add, is if you have a query etc, posting it in the comment box , which is at the end of each lesson, does not always bring a response. - I guess that there may not be other students or ''staff'' looking at the comments box . Best to post it in the forum , in the appropriate section, & I am confident that help will be forthcoming-usually very rapidly. Hope this helps, Paul.

johnvsavage

Postby johnvsavage » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:12 am

I've been CGC member for 9 months having used Simon's free materials the previous year or so. It's probably the best or as good as any guitar internet course. At about USD $360 p.a. I think it is good value if you make the most of it. It provides plenty of structure especially if you work thru the materials, learn the required repertoire and record/post a subset of your performances to achieve a certificate (Level 1 thru 4). You can also post stuff for fellow members to review and interact via the online forum.

Simon provides a 4 week online face/face workshop with 4 guitar masters every October (Guitoberfest) which is suitable for more advanced students and there is a summer school in early 2017 which is good if you live in or can get to the US (North East Coast) for that week. Of course these special courses cost extra but will still be good value.

:D

Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 am

I'll second all of the above positive comments. The progressive lessons are good at improving skills. In addition, Dr. Powis is a great explainer of how pieces can be played to add expressiveness to the music.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”