Simon Powis Classical Guitar Corner?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
DaveLeeNC

Re: Simon Powis Classical Guitar Corner ?

Post by DaveLeeNC » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Tom Poore wrote:
Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 am
Just to nudge this thread in another direction, Simon Powis is also a founding member of Cathedral Parkway, a New York based trio with singer Caroline Eckman and guitarist Colin Davin. They released a CD last year. It’s called “Howl at the Moon,” and you can find it “on the river.” Here’s a video of one of their songs:

Youtube

I have this CD. It’s quite good.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Kind of an old post that I am responding to, but it is interesting that Colin Davin (mandolin) is also a classical guitar instructor at the online lessons site Artistworks. He is a highly skilled classical guitar player, BTW. I wonder if Caroline Eckman also gives online vocal lessons :-)

dave
1984 Jesus Marzal cedar CG
1971 Sherry-Brener (Cedar) Garcia No. 1 CG
1975 Gibson ES-175D Achtop Electric
2016 Eastman AR905CE-BD Carved Archtop Electric

rinneby

Re: Simon Powis Classical Guitar Corner ?

Post by rinneby » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 am

DaveLeeNC wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:08 pm
Tom Poore wrote:
Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 am
Just to nudge this thread in another direction, Simon Powis is also a founding member of Cathedral Parkway, a New York based trio with singer Caroline Eckman and guitarist Colin Davin. They released a CD last year. It’s called “Howl at the Moon,” and you can find it “on the river.” Here’s a video of one of their songs:

Youtube

I have this CD. It’s quite good.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Kind of an old post that I am responding to, but it is interesting that Colin Davin (mandolin) is also a classical guitar instructor at the online lessons site Artistworks. He is a highly skilled classical guitar player, BTW. I wonder if Caroline Eckman also gives online vocal lessons :-)

dave
Great performance. The verse sounds a little like Guns n Roses "Sweet child of mine" doesn't it ? :)

/Jon
1965 - Masaru Kono No.5
1970 - Sakazo Nakade 600E
1975 - Atushi Nakamura No.15
1996 - Masaru Kohno Maestro

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”