Best topic for the day

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Best topic for the day

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:29 pm

There is so much information of this site! Just search for what you want to know about classic guitar technique, repertoire, players, or instruments, and it has probably been discussed many times. But, we don't know what we don't know, and don't know what to ask. Especially new participants. So I thought it might be fun to get a daily "best topic" recommendation from long timers in Delcamp.org. I posted this idea here so that it was focused somewhat on learning to play, but I guess any topic is fair game.

[Of course I recognize this topic may have been discussed already. I searched but didn't see it. But if it has been proposed, link it here]

I'll start: this is a question I have had myself.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=947
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Adam

Re: Best topic for the day

Post by Adam » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:41 pm

When to pursue flamenco? Well, I tried that, and it didn't really work out. One discipline is hard enough to keep up with. I'm not sure one can really dabble in flamenco. It's the kind of thing you have to commit yourself to completely.

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: Best topic for the day

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Adam wrote:When to pursue flamenco? Well, I tried that, and it didn't really work out. One discipline is hard enough to keep up with. I'm not sure one can really dabble in flamenco. It's the kind of thing you have to commit yourself to completely.
I agree. I try to keep some rasqueo and tremolo exercises in my routine, but I have a hard time sticking to it. These techniques are physically hard to master.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”