Non Watered down versions of Beethoven pieces?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
twistedblues

Non Watered down versions of Beethoven pieces?

Post by twistedblues » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Are there any resources for some Beethoven pieces for guitar that do not strip too much from the original? I've seen guitar transcriptions that are Very stripped down versions.. any good transcriptions and performances that leave as much as humanly possible when played on th guitar? Difficult versions? For the sake of staying true as possible to the originals?

Chantysboy7

Re: Non Watered down versions of Beethoven pieces?

Post by Chantysboy7 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 am

I think this site has some good stuff. You don't have to sign up either. You can just buy the sheet music
https://onlineguitaracademy.net/online- ... ar-lessons

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:59 pm

It is practically impossible to play everything right, specially with Beethoven, I think it is better not playing it, but you can have some fun if you like the pieces. What I would like to mention, is to make you think that removing some notes is not worse than trying to play them but removing the articulation control and original mood intention. I still prefer that changes and arrangements of Llobet, Segovia or Bream, who could make the guitar musically efficient. Some modern players try to play all the piano notes, but the final result is much more watered down, due to the absence of good musicality. Beethoven is particularly complicated, because it seems nothing can be removed.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm

When I lived in California I was a member of the American Guitar Society, the oldest guitar society in America - founded in 1923. In ninety four years they have missed only four! monthly meetings.

AGS was founded by Vahdah Olcott Bickford, one of the earliest female concert guitarists. Also a fiercely passionate advocate of no nails. Vahdah once gave me a batch of her published transcriptions of works by Beethoven, Chopin, etc. These were incredibly complex transcriptions, that were as true to the originals as was humanly possible on guitar, and so difficult to learn and play that I never had the time to tackle them. I eventually donated them to a music school.

A cursory search showed what seems to be some availability, so you might look into that online.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”