Fix for sweaty palms?

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
andreas777

Re: Fix for sweaty palms?

Post by andreas777 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I would try a solution with tea tree oil. Occationally (in the winter) I take a bowl with water, put 10 drops of tea tree oil in it, and then relax my feet in it for a few minutes. A nice side effect is that afterwards my feet remain dry for quite a long time. Ok, I don't play guitar with my feet, but the same effect can be achieved with your hands.
21 classical guitars, soon 22 :-D, 1 digital piano - no TV, no radio

JohnyZuper

Post by JohnyZuper » Sat May 13, 2017 7:18 am

Nice tip! Sounds like a lovely relaxing thing to do too! :)
―Michaël Samyn.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm

I bought something called Carpe ("seize the day") anti sweat hand cream. the temps have fallen back down so I used it just one morning and wow! did it keep my fingers and palms dry. I'll know more as summer develops. Supposedly it keeps working better as you use it more. 15% aluminum sesquicho....sasquatcho...something or other.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

JohnyZuper

Post by JohnyZuper » Tue May 23, 2017 7:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have used something possibly similar called SyNeo. The cream feels like it puts a dry film over your hands, which is nice, but it makes the finger tips slightly sticky, which interferes with playing. I'll try to apply it while avoiding the finger tips next time.
―Michaël Samyn.

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 pm

I've learn from a friend who practices Kendo a technique with a trigger point in the hand. You press between thumb and index. It helps relaxing hand and works for me. But my wife has very sweaty hands and it doesn't work for her. The exact point is a bit tricky and I can't explain here, maybe should find someone to show you this and give a try.

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:46 am

Get a sock. Put the open end over the business end of a talcum powder jug and get a good amount in the sock. Tie a knot in the end of the sock and put the sock in a ziplock baggie. When my palms get sticky/clammy, I simply squeeze the sock and replace it in the bag. It's worked very well for me.
"Besides, this criticism of Segovia is pointless. If you disagree with what Segovia did, take that energy and go out and do something positive. Otherwise, shut up." - Eliot Fisk

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”