Introduction to Guitar Counterpoint

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Guitar Slim Jr.

Introduction to Guitar Counterpoint

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:05 am

Youtube

This is one of my first "video guitar lessons." I would really love it if some of you took a look and maybe provided some comments. Thanks in advance.

These lessons grew out of a series of very simple exercises I developed for a couple of my students. The exercises are both technical -- touching on finger independence and logical fingerings -- and conceptual in that they deal with how to hear, see and play in a more linear fashion.

Level-wise, I'd say these lessons are for players relatively new to the classical guitar, but not complete beginners. You should be able to read staff notation in the 1st position in easy keys, and have some basic facility with fingerstyle -- that is, be able to play arpeggio patterns that include the thumb, and scales or melodies with finger alternation.

There's a lot more to say about these, but let me get this one up and see if there is any further interest before I waste any more space...

Regards,
Chris V

Guitar Slim Jr.

Re: Introduction to Guitar Counterpoint

Post by Guitar Slim Jr. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 am

OH -- where would I upload the scores for something like this. It's not really repertoire...

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: Introduction to Guitar Counterpoint

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:24 am

Guitar Slim Jr. wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 am
OH -- where would I upload the scores for something like this. It's not really repertoire...
Prob Classical Guitar Classes - .... technique?

Yes its really cool, I just wonder, its uploaded as HD but the image clarity doesn't seem to be HD. I don't know how many people worry about that, but its worth fixing, as I think in the end, because its what folks are used to nowadays, they might drift away if not getting it?
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”