Brouwer's Cancion de Cuna

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Malcolm

Brouwer's Cancion de Cuna

Post by Malcolm » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:17 am

I'm trying to get some idea of the level of this lovely piece. It doesn't appear to be part of the Australian Music Examination Board syllabus so that's no help.

However, as a reference AMEB does have Tarrega's Lagrima at grade 6 and Adelita at grade 7 and Brouwer's Estudios Sencillios #17 also at grade 7.

Cheers,
Malcolm
When I was ten, I thought my parents knew everything. When I became twenty, I was convinced they knew nothing. Then, at thirty, I realized I was right when I was ten.

Mark Twain

petermc61

Re: Brouwer's Cancion de Cuna

Post by petermc61 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

Malcolm

If you can play Adelita you can play this. AMEB gradings are weird though, Lagrima is not grade 6. When I was a young one it was only Grade 4 with Trinity. I still have the old book to prove it....

My guess is about a true Grade 6.

Regards
Peter

emma_guitar

Post by emma_guitar » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:46 am

Guitarburst has listed this Brouwer piece at level 9. Lagrima is listed at level 4, Adelita at 6. I think that's probably quite accurate.
To give you some idea, it has Villa Lobos' Mazurka Choro from the Suite Brasillienne at level 9 as well.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 am

emma_guitar wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:46 am
Guitarburst has listed this Brouwer piece at level 9. Lagrima is listed at level 4, Adelita at 6. I think that's probably quite accurate.
To give you some idea, it has Villa Lobos' Mazurka Choro from the Suite Brasillienne at level 9 as well.
I don’t know how many levels Guitarburst uses but it’s nit that much harder, if any, than Adelita. I also don’t know if Guitarburst uses real, experienced guitars it’s to do the assessment or some sort of computer algorithm.

It’s also definitely eadier than the Mazurka (at least I’m my view).

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”