New to Forum-2nd post

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Motomom

New to Forum-2nd post

Post by Motomom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:36 am

Hello again. I’m still new to the forum and stumbled across Delcamp’s On-line lessons today. I am an old-timer returning to guitar, not just classical per se, after career, children, volunteer work, etc. My first guitar....60’s model Stella Harmony, a Christmas present when I was 8. Now I own two Taylors, a 912 steel string and 214ce nylon string. I’m currently looking for a good classical crossover guitar. Lately, from playing my nylon string, I’ve been drawn more and more to the classical style of playing. I have neck and back issues and am looking for better ergonomics while I play. I’m creating my second post as I’m very interested in the online lessons and videos that this second post should give me access to. The praises given to Delcamp for this material is enticing so I’m excited to see if this is what I’ve been looking for. I’m not sure if registration for the courses is still necessary since it appears new material is at a standstill but I’m sure that what is there is enough to last me quite a while. Thanks.

simonm

Re: New to Forum-2nd post

Post by simonm » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 am

Motomom wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:36 am
... I’m not sure if registration for the courses is still necessary ...
The material is freely available as a resource and if you look on Prof Delcamp's you tube page you can find lots of examples of how to play even the basic stuff. Registering for the courses is for getting regular feedback and following a formal curriculum.

As for back and neck pains the usual advice is centered on three items:

1) Get a doc to check it out.
2) Get a good teacher to comment on your posture.
3) Use guitar supports or a strap rather than a foot stool.

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of posts about posture/pain/supports here. A search will give a days worth reading material.

Simon

Motomom

Re: New to Forum-2nd post

Post by Motomom » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:36 am

Thank you, Simon for your input. I will look into the posts regarding pain, most of mine however is due to degenerative discs and osteoporosis. Looking forward to learning the classical method and the camaraderie from this group!

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”