Gentle, " -beautiful" - pieces...??

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
khayes

Re: Gentle, " -beautiful" - pieces...??

Postby khayes » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 pm

kegantess wrote:I wanted to add Jubings pieces, as they have definitely become my favorite. The Indonesian Cradle Song and Once Upon an Early Rain are amazing.

If anyone can suggest other pieces like these, that would be great. What's great is they are easy to learn and absolutey divine to listen to.

Lisa :)

Thanks for this, Lisa. I visited his site and there are indeed many nice pieces available to download.

atza

Postby atza » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:17 am

Look at this one (gentle and beautiful guaranteed)

Godfather movie theme:

Direct link to copyrighted piece removed - search YouTube for "godfather theme culjic"

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 pm

How about Ojos Brujos by Brouwer?
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

RobertoIG

Postby RobertoIG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Alonso de Mudarra, fantasía del primer tono for renaissance guitar. Search for "Julian Bream Fantasia 14" on youtube

Paul Hammer

Postby Paul Hammer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Don't think anyone has mentioned:

A. Barrios - Villancico de Navidad (Christmas Carol).

Many will say 'too hard ', but I managed to learn/play most of it after a 40 year hiatus in playing; and now I can play it all fairly fluently. Marvelous piece to play late at night before bed - when you're tired.

It's also a good study for the learner-intermediate player - good for vibrato training, music reading etc.

Paul

cerusin

Postby cerusin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

I saw that someone mentioned Capricho Catalan early on. It's a beautiful piece. But I would not call it simple. You can hear Andre Segovia play it on youtube in the Alhambra. It's a wonderful version, except for that idiot announcer talking over his playing. I'd like to ring his neck.

I saw that another person mentioned Cavatina. I'm sorry but that piece is not simple either. Not to play it well. But it is beautiful and one of my favorites.

kegantess

Postby kegantess » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Cerusin,

You are right, some of the aformentioned pieces are quite difficult. I think it is tough to sometimes "rate" the level of difficulty of pieces. I really like Per Olov Kindgrens website as he rates all of the pieces as easy, intermediate, or advanced. I wish this were done more often.

The Jubing pieces probably would be rated maybe advanced beginner/intermediate? Not quite sure as I just don't have enough experience around this.

Lisa :)

cerusin

Postby cerusin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks Lisa,
I'm familiar with Peo from youtube but I haven't checked his site. I will have to check it out.
Thanks for the tip.
John

Sandan

Postby Sandan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 am

Well this thread keeps on going strong!

Simple and yet beautiful...

One come to mind is a book called "Classical Music for the Spanish Guitar" by Jorge Madera from Holland and performed by his teacher Andre de Borst. This book has 23 pieces of Jorge's compositions with lovely melodies in different tempo variations, including varying mood swings? :) . It comes with a CD as well. An example is "Emociones" which is played by one of our member in the video section.

:bye: San

ps. I don't get any commission (maybe just a free copy... but unfortunately I already bought one).

Chris NewVillage

Postby Chris NewVillage » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:53 pm

I love Blos, by Sacksioni...
Chris
--

martadella

Postby martadella » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:29 pm

My favorites:
Maria Luisa by Julio Sagreras
Waltz no. 1 by Bartolome Calatayud-extremely easy
Celeste y bianco by Hector Ayala
Cascabel by Hector Ayala
Different easy sicilianas-by Carulli, Carcassi, Meissonier and others
Different versions of espagnoletta
Ay Linda Amiga-so beautifull, even the simplest arrangement (free at klassikgitar net)
Romance by Francesco Molino
Bonnie at Morn, Scarborough Fair-free at this website
The South Wind-from MelBay Mastering the Guitar book 1A
Arcadian Melody-from the same book, very easy and very pretty
And of course:
Lagrima
Un Dia de Noviembre

Sean

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Agusti Grau's Corranda.

poxley

Postby poxley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 am

Interesting to read through the threads, at what people like - its the summer now and my young daughter will be entering RCM level 6 this fall. Her teacher often picks pieces out for her to play, but I just purchased her level six book for the fall and will see if any of the pieces recommended on this site are in her new book, so she can pick a few pieces on her own. She enjoys pretty sounding pieces. Thanks for the suggestions.

Paul Hammer

Postby Paul Hammer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 pm

I agree with the suggestion:

Barcarolle, Napoleon Coste.

And I would also add:- Lough Caragh by Gary Ryan

Paul

Will

Postby Will » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I didn't see the Afro Cuban Lullaby /Duerme Negrito listed. It's pretty gorgeous. Brower and Marshall have arrangements for it.

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”