K.Minami site??

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
RLaineJackson

Re: K.Minami site??

Post by RLaineJackson » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but since it's filled with fellow Minami fans, I go ahead.
I've been working on his transcription of the Irish harp piece, Mr. O'Connor. When I have gone out on the web to hear other renditions of it (to give me some musical ideas on interpretation) I find some lovely ones.
However, what I don't seem to find are renditions which include the Jig section which is part of Minami's arrangement. I don't know whether this was part of the original piece (from what I've heard we only have 9 or 10 of Turlouhg O'Carolan's pieces in notation, although we have about 200 tunes of his) or whether Minami cobbled another piece onto the widely accepted version of Mr. O'Connor or whether the original piece (1600s?) had a first part followed by a jig section.
Any illumination on this would be greatly appreciated.
Take care,
Rodger

HNLim

Post by HNLim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 pm

gazmungus wrote:So sorry to hear this too. I still play his arrangement of the Entertainer, which I think is fantastically well done and is certainly the best version I've played...
I like to know where can I find this score of the Entertainer?

SusanGRas

Post by SusanGRas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:03 pm

I had to use google chrome for this to work for me. Thank you all.

Kenro

Post by Kenro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm

hi there, had anyone tried playing Minami's arrangement for Kreisler's Praeludium and Allegro before? I saw his arrangement but I am not sure if the Allegro part is playable on guitar (with the difficult fingering position and song's tempo).
Check out my classical guitar arrangement for Schumann's Träumerei (in original key): https://youtu.be/n4QulIit2FU
Guitar: Alhambra 4PA

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”