How to Practice 22 hours a Week

A "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.
Evangelos Skropidas

Re: How to Practice 22 hours a Week

Post by Evangelos Skropidas » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Mr Larry I agree 100%. I am inexperienced so I cant really understand the reason, but it definitely is the best "practice" method. Excruciating at first, quite rewarding after you get the hang of it. Not to mention that the reason we play guitar is to make people around us happy, make them better, thats the point of art anyways. Also calling it "play" music is very useful, in Greek I never say "practice", I just say that I have to play guitar for a few hours.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 am

hopkinse wrote:... You also learn better when you do focused, efficient practice as opposed to 8+ hours of so-so practice.
Larry McDonald wrote:Better yet, perform 22 hours a week. The most I ever did on CG was 16 hours a week at a restaurant, for a year and a half. That was enough to fix just about any trouble. I was about level 7 when I started and a solid level 10 when my contract was over. Plus -I got a free dinner each night!
All the best,
Lare
Nothing like an audience to focus your attention. :lol:

JohnPierce

Post by JohnPierce » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am

Larry McDonald wrote:Better yet, perform 22 hours a week. The most I ever did on CG was 16 hours a week at a restaurant, for a year and a half. That was enough to fix just about any trouble. I was about level 7 when I started and a solid level 10 when my contract was over. Plus -I got a free dinner each night!
simonm wrote:Nothing like an audience to focus your attention. :lol:
Yeah there is: The flautist you're playing with stopping in mid-song and staring at you like you're an idiot.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

jwp wrote:
simonm wrote:Nothing like an audience to focus your attention. :lol:
Yeah there is: The flautist you're playing with stopping in mid-song and staring at you like you're an idiot.
:shock: That must have been horrifying if it was in front of an audience. In practice, it would just be humiliating! :chaud:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Daniel Penalva

Post by Daniel Penalva » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 pm

For those who recommend 10h/day i would ask how they dont hurt themself (mainly when you are in the first years) ?

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:48 am

Really great post! Yes, I definitely should be playing a lot more than I do. I at least try to get in about one hour per day everyday though! Some days I increase it though. I haven't got up to that amount yet!

Return to “Classical Guitar Classes”