D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Tales Lucin
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Tales Lucin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Angela Carter wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 pm
Hi Tales,
Your scale is sounding pretty good. I did hear a pause before the last note but the timing was good through the rest of it.

Exercise 20 is really about muting the strings with the right hand while playing the opposite note. I didn’t here any muting so you might not have seen the Xs. When you see an X you want to mute the note by resting the finger back on the string.

The other two are the wrong exercises. I would look at the list at the beginning of the post again so you can do the right ones and get credit.
ok

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Grayson. It sounds good and your notes are ringing clear. I don’t notice anything posture wise or anything. Maybe someone else will have better observations. La Tete
Bizzarde is a tough one for me too.

Grayson Bray Morris

Post by Grayson Bray Morris » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks, Angela! I appreciate your comments.

I've just added my final video for this lesson, in my previous post (so all the videos are in one place for John). I'm fairly pleased with the progress I've made – I make mistakes, but I keep going, and overall, I think I've put in a lot of very useful practice in getting the song as far as I have, even if it isn't perfect.
Much madness is divinest sense, to a discerning eye; much sense, the starkest madness. --Emily Dickinson

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am

I am reposting La Tete Bizarde just because I am so excited with how much it has improved already. I really love the way this class is organized. For the brief amount of time I took lessons the muting of notes and rest strokes were never even mentioned though I had read about them elsewhere. It makes more sense to build that habit from the start rather than try and add it later. So I’ve been literally relearning everything. The music sounds so much clearer and less muddy. I love it!

Regardless of what I do I can’t seem to keep my pinky from curling up :(

Youtube

Grayson Bray Morris

Post by Grayson Bray Morris » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am

Wow, Angela, that was fantastic! Well done. And from what my novice's eyes can see, your technique looks great, too. Very controlled left hand movement. Woo hoo!
Much madness is divinest sense, to a discerning eye; much sense, the starkest madness. --Emily Dickinson

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks Grayson,
Some of it is just remembering from before. Some of it is new. I’m very excited about this class. I’m surprised it doesn’t have more people as it is far better than any other free online resource I’ve found.

Juan M Silva

Post by Juan M Silva » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hello Classmates,
My sincere apologies for being late. Here are my lesson recordings:

The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No 20

Youtube

Jig

Youtube

La tête bizarde

Youtube

Thank you! :discussion:

Juan

Grayson Bray Morris

Post by Grayson Bray Morris » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 am

Looking and sounding good, Juan!

In the C major scale you held the top note for one beat instead of two. Exercise 20 and Jig sound perfect to me! But your La tête bizarde is fabulous — because you make several significant errors, but you keep going as if you haven't. If I didn't know the song so intimately from having had to learn it myself these past weeks, I wouldn't have known your errors were errors at all, because you confidently sail forward at tempo. Extremely well done.

Juan M Silva

Post by Juan M Silva » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Grayson Bray Morris wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 am
Looking and sounding good, Juan!

In the C major scale you held the top note for one beat instead of two. Exercise 20 and Jig sound perfect to me! But your La tête bizarde is fabulous — because you make several significant errors, but you keep going as if you haven't. If I didn't know the song so intimately from having had to learn it myself these past weeks, I wouldn't have known your errors were errors at all, because you confidently sail forward at tempo. Extremely well done.
I love it! Thank you.

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:57 am

Hi Juan, It is sounding good so far. Like someone else noted the high note of the scale was cut short. Also, It looks like you muted the thumb but not the finger on exercise 20 and there were also some notes that should have been muted in La tete bizzarde. Those mutes are tough but will be important later. Great work!

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:15 am

I only just noticed that lesson three was posted at the end of October. I thought I would mention it here in case anyone else missed it too.

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:06 am

Very nice progress everyone.

Be mindful of note values, for example in the C major exercise, the starting note, the highest note and final note are quarter note, the notes in-between are eight-notes.

Be mindful of the muting/damping symbols as well, the mood and character of a piece or exercise can incur some unintended tension and dissonance or lose its bounce and sharpness in phrases.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

andrethompson

Post by andrethompson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:00 am

Hello

Please accept my submissions for this lessons:

The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No. 20

Youtube

Jig

Youtube

La tête bizarde

Youtube

andrethompson

Post by andrethompson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Angela Carter wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am
I am reposting La Tete Bizarde just because I am so excited with how much it has improved already. I really love the way this class is organized. For the brief amount of time I took lessons the muting of notes and rest strokes were never even mentioned though I had read about them elsewhere. It makes more sense to build that habit from the start rather than try and add it later. So I’ve been literally relearning everything. The music sounds so much clearer and less muddy. I love it!

Regardless of what I do I can’t seem to keep my pinky from curling up :(

Youtube
Very Nice!!!

Angela Carter

Post by Angela Carter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:29 am

Thank you John.

Great work Andre. Your tempo is good aside from a few tricky spots. Your muting on exercise 20 seems perfect.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”