D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Nelson Lee
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Nelson Lee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:16 am

Lucian. Thanks for the reply and advice. Much regards, Nelson

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Nelson Lee wrote:Lucian. Thanks for the reply and advice. Much regards, Nelson

You are welcome, Nelson !

Nelson Lee

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01 from Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello Everyone. I am going to pull down my first set of videos and upload new ones at the end of the week because I am going to work with a metronome and improve my pieces. Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to hearing from everyone again. Regards, Nelson. :)
Last edited by Nelson Lee on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson Lee

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01 from Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 pm

I deleted this message because it's a duplicate submitted by mistake. Regards everyone, Nelson. :D
Last edited by Nelson Lee on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Lucian. Just saw your lesson videos. Enjoyed how you shaped the Old Mac Donald and Au Clair De La Lune. Try keeping your left fingers close to the fingerboard so that you can finger down on the strings faster and with more ease. Great effort! Regards, Nelson.

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Sorry Everyone... I believe I uploaded my guitar exercises TWICE. If I uploaded incorrectly, please correct me and make suggestions. Regards, Nelson

Binh NguyenKhac

Postby Binh NguyenKhac » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Nelson Lee wrote:Sorry Everyone... I believe I uploaded my guitar exercises TWICE. If I uploaded incorrectly, please correct me and make suggestions. Regards, Nelson

Can't see, private videos, Nelson :shock:

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Dear Binh, Oopps. I had my youtube videos defined as private, so I went back and reset the videos as unlisted. I believe you can see them now. If not, then please tell me so that I can make them completely public. Thanks for the heads up and I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Regards, Nelson.

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Aowinter. Nice to meet you and good effort. I like your posture, position and movement of fingers in each hand. Please try alternate playing loud and soft. This will give you a better feel of the strings, and it will develop smoothness and shapeness of the piece. Courage and go forward! Regards, Nelson.

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Dear Vaughn, Nice job on the pieces. I enjoyed the way you shaped the phrases. Try alternating the index and middle picking fingers with straighter fingers. And make sure you know where your picking fingers are to the strings. Personally. I use my thumb to do this by resting it lightly on the bass strings. Do you know what I mean? Courage and go forward! Regards, Nelson

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Dear Tales, Nice to meet you and hear your recordings. I like your posture and position of both hands to the guitar. Looks solid. The only suggestion I have to to bend your right picking fingers (index and middle) at the top joint more. This will straighten your picking fingers. I believe you feel more control and feel of the strings. At least, that is what I've been told. Regards, Nelson

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Robert and Binh, I just saw your guitar videos. Exceptional effort. I really don't have much feedback for you you at this time, but I am wondering if you could share some tips with me and the rest of the group about preparing for recording/video yourself. The reason I am asking is because as soon as I hit the record button I seem to lose it and make awful mistakes as I am playing. I notice that you don't look at your sheet music and you just close your eyes as you are taping..... Does this help you tap into your focus, musical intuitiveness, and are you able to relax more? Do you do a lot of takes? Please share with me/us some of your tips on this matter. Thanks for the support and looking forward to hearing from the both of you. Regards, Nelson

Binh NguyenKhac

Postby Binh NguyenKhac » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:51 am

Nelson Lee wrote:Hi Robert and Binh, I just saw your guitar videos. Exceptional effort. I really don't have much feedback for you you at this time, but I am wondering if you could share some tips with me and the rest of the group about preparing for recording/video yourself. The reason I am asking is because as soon as I hit the record button I seem to lose it and make awful mistakes as I am playing. I notice that you don't look at your sheet music and you just close your eyes as you are taping..... Does this help you tap into your focus, musical intuitiveness, and are you able to relax more? Do you do a lot of takes? Please share with me/us some of your tips on this matter. Thanks for the support and looking forward to hearing from the both of you. Regards, Nelson

The honest truth about my recording is the result of many failed tries, like: 1 ok video of 20 failed one or so. But I like that challenge, it makes me a better player: by overcome the pressure of playing in front of camera, conquer the fear of being judged by people. I remember that we're students and we learn by trail and error. So it's OK to fail because it's the process of learning. But sometimes I felt anxious, frustrated when failed to play a simple assignment song, and then watching other classmate and our teacher's videos. So perfect, effortless, with grace, they play with emotion and enjoy their music and I'm just an ugly duck, failed to play the easiest song. Then I question myself: maybe I have no talent, maybe I wasn't born to play music, guitar isn't for me, it's all waste of time?

The truth is practice = perfect. Not satisfy with your play? => practice more and don't lose faith. We are in the same boat Nelson, we suck than our teacher because he has played for many years, 30, 40 years ? We don't expect to play just like him in a month or so.

And by the way, your timing or rhythm suck, sorry to be blunt, Nelson, try to tap your foot or count out loud. I learn that count out loud is extremely helpful, like open a whole new world for me. And If you want to master counting, prepare to smash your guitar to the wall because of frustration, hehe :lol:

Nelson Lee

Postby Nelson Lee » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Binh NguyenKhac wrote:The honest truth about my recording is the result of many failed tries, like: 1 ok video of 20 failed one or so. But I like that challenge, it makes me a better player: by overcome the pressure of playing in front of camera, conquer the fear of being judged by people. I remember that we're students and we learn by trail and error. So it's OK to fail because it's the process of learning. But sometimes I felt anxious, frustrated when failed to play a simple assignment song, and then watching other classmate and our teacher's videos. So perfect, effortless, with grace, they play with emotion and enjoy their music and I'm just an ugly duck, failed to play the easiest song. Then I question myself: maybe I have no talent, maybe I wasn't born to play music, guitar isn't for me, it's all waste of time?

The truth is practice = perfect. Not satisfy with your play? => practice more and don't lose faith. We are in the same boat Nelson, we suck than our teacher because he has played for many years, 30, 40 years ? We don't expect to play just like him in a month or so.

And by the way, your timing or rhythm suck, sorry to be blunt, Nelson, try to tap your foot or count out loud. I learn that count out loud is extremely helpful, like open a whole new world for me. And If you want to master counting, prepare to smash your guitar to the wall because of frustration, hehe :lol:

Bingh, lol I guess I'll have work extra hard with the rhythm. :| I'll concentrate on this and record again. Thanks for the feedback. Regards, Nelson.

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:37 am

Nelson Lee wrote:Lucian. Just saw your lesson videos. Enjoyed how you shaped the Old Mac Donald and Au Clair De La Lune. Try keeping your left fingers close to the fingerboard so that you can finger down on the strings faster and with more ease. Great effort! Regards, Nelson.

Thank you, Nelson! Thanks for watching and for the tips.
For me, your playing is not that bad, au contraire,if you adjust the rhythm it's quite good.
Regards, Lucian

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”