D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Nelson Lee
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Nelson Lee » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 am

Uriel. Nice work. Good posture and nice left hand coverage on the frets. Work on getting cleaner notes with the plucking, and use a metronome once as increase the tempo of each piece. Regards, Nelson. Ps. Courage and go forth!

Nelson Lee

Post by Nelson Lee » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Binh. I noticed I misspelled your name when I gave you feedback on your videos. Please forgive me for that mistake and I will be more careful in the future. Again, exceptional effort on your practice and keep it up. Regards, Nelson.

Binh NguyenKhac

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Nelson Lee wrote:Binh. I noticed I misspelled your name when I gave you feedback on your videos. Please forgive me for that mistake and I will be more careful in the future. Again, exceptional effort on your practice and keep it up. Regards, Nelson.
Awww, it's ok, Nelson and thank you for the tip, I appreciate that. You remind me of a shy friend of mine :) . And I love our forum etiquette though. That's how gentlemen treat each other. *hat tip* :wink:

Nelson Lee

Post by Nelson Lee » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:19 pm

[quote="Lucian Bistreanu"]Hi everyone,
Here are my attempts :)

Hi Lucian. Nice work. Try plucking by bending at the highest knuckle joint and keeping your index and middle finger a little straighter. Plus, do you have a metronome? It would be good to use one to keep the piece steady and moving forward. Your left hand fingering is wonderful! Nelson. Ps. Courage and keep practicing. :)

Lucian Bistreanu

Post by Lucian Bistreanu » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Nelson Lee wrote:
Lucian Bistreanu wrote:Hi everyone,
Here are my attempts :)

Hi Lucian. Nice work. Try plucking by bending at the highest knuckle joint and keeping your index and middle finger a little straighter. Plus, do you have a metronome? It would be good to use one to keep the piece steady and moving forward. Your left hand fingering is wonderful! Nelson. Ps. Courage and keep practicing. :)
Hi Nelson, thank you for your tips, I'll keep them in mind next time I practice. Yes, I do have a metronome as an app on my phone and I know I have to use it more often. I'll try to do this too. :)
Nice to see you here, and thanks for your encouragements too.
:merci:
Lucian

Vaughn Phillipson

Post by Vaughn Phillipson » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 am

Hi everybody, heres my recordings for thew first lesson, sorry bout the camera angle, ill get the left hand in next time round, just trying to catch up a bit as well. Appreciate you feedback.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Have a good weekend :D

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Vaughn Phillipson wrote:Hi everybody, heres my recordings for thew first lesson, sorry bout the camera angle, ill get the left hand in next time round, just trying to catch up a bit as well. Appreciate you feedback.
Have a good weekend :D
Pretty nice work Vaugh, be mindful of the 4 repeated A notes in measure 5 of Au Clair De La Luna, just a minor note reading observation.

The Open String exercise can be a helpful 2 finger alternation rest-stroke builder for i & m or m & a fingers.
I see that you elected to transpose most of the exercise for the m&a fingers, which is fine as long as the development of the i&m fingers is not sacrificed.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Vaughn Phillipson

Post by Vaughn Phillipson » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback John I will keep what you said in mind for the next lessons.

aowinter zhang

Post by aowinter zhang » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 am

Hello,my teacher and my classmates. I had worked on all these exercises and pieces for almost one month. but I haven't my record.I feel regretful.I'll keep going.
Thanks.

aowinter zhang

Post by aowinter zhang » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:37 am

Hello,my teacher and my classmates.this is my first homework. please give me some advice. Thank you very much!

Au clair de la lune

aowinter zhang

Post by aowinter zhang » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:29 am

aowinter zhang wrote:Hello,my teacher and my classmates.this is my first homework. please give me some advice. Thank you very much!

Au clair de la lune

Youtube

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 am

aowinter zhang wrote:
aowinter zhang wrote:Hello,my teacher and my classmates.this is my first homework. please give me some advice. Thank you very much!
Au clair de la lune
Hi Aowinter,
First, thank for the video submission, you were able to make a recording and post it successfully.

Second, the piece you recorded is "A La Claire Fontaine" versus "Au Clair De Lune"

Third, the very beginning of the recording has some extra notes that cause the timing and pulse to seem out-of-sync, but then you begin to play the piece and notes as notated in the score and things get smoother.

Good alternation between the i & m fingers and avoiding striking two notes back to back with the same finger in these exercises.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:23 am

Au clair de la lune
Aowinter, please read the conditions for participating the lessons. You will need to publicize the lessons in some way, and post into registration topic saying how you have accomplished that, and ask to be registered as a student. Only registered students are allowed to post their recordings here at the Lessons.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Nelson Lee

Post by Nelson Lee » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:32 pm

hello people! I have been practicing the pieces in lesson 1, but it's been challenging! I've recorded three pieces, and the rest will be done by this week. I'll keep on giving feedback though. Question: I keep on finding things to work on in each piece. Is there an area where I can get an explained lesson on technique for each piece? (Besides trying to find a private teacher) The video demonstrations are very cool, and having an explanation on techniques for each of the pieces would even be more awesome. Any suggestions would help. Trying my best, Nelson

Lucian Bistreanu

Post by Lucian Bistreanu » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 am

Nelson Lee wrote:hello people! I have been practicing the pieces in lesson 1, but it's been challenging! I've recorded three pieces, and the rest will be done by this week. I'll keep on giving feedback though. Question: I keep on finding things to work on in each piece. Is there an area where I can get an explained lesson on technique for each piece? (Besides trying to find a private teacher) The video demonstrations are very cool, and having an explanation on techniques for each of the pieces would even be more awesome. Any suggestions would help. Trying my best, Nelson
Hi Nelson,
I suggest to search in the archive for the corresponding lessons. sometimes you find precious indications.
Lucian

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”