D04 Classical guitar lesson 01

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:41 am

Andrew Goodell wrote:Thought I would post my practicing Tarrega's Preludio Pentatonica also.
Andrew, I think we are only supposed to post the specific lesson pieces here and to post any other pieces in the Student Corner.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:28 am

Colin, according to FAQ entry as long as the pieces are part of the lesson even when not required (as is the case with Preludio Pentatonica), they can be posted in the corresponding lesson topic.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:Colin, according to FAQ entry as long as the pieces are part of the lesson even when not required (as is the case with Preludio Pentatonica), they can be posted in the corresponding lesson topic.
Thanks Marko, missed that subtlety.

Dennis Stewart
Student of the online lessons

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi Andrew. All your recordings sound very good and are of a very high quality. You bring a very high standard to the D04 lessons and rised the bar high up. I especially liked the Tarrega's Preludio Pentatonica and Estudio Ostinato, they are both vell played. Also that one big stretch doesent seem to give you too much trouble.

The only thing i could pick up was on the Bretonneuse. You could try to be a bit tighter with the dampening of the bass notes. Also in the intro the time signature is a bit off.

Keep up the good work!

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:00 am

Hello all,

Please find my lessons attached. I will say I had a hard time with both Estudio and Bretonneuse. Thank you for your feedback. -Bill

BUTÉ - APOYANDO - REST STROKE - APOYANDO

Youtube

Youtube

Terminer - Fermare - Damp – Apagar

Youtube

Youtube

Estudio ostinato, en la mayor

Youtube

Bretonneuse

Youtube

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 am

Angela Zhao wrote:Hi classmates:
This is my assignments

BUTÉ - APOYANDO - REST STROKE - APOYANDO
Terminer - Fermare - Damp – Apagar
Estudio ostinato, en la mayor
Bretonneuse

:merci:
Well done Angela. I had some of the same struggles you had in your lessons.
Thanks, Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:20 am

Dennis Stewart wrote:Hi, here are my videos for this lesson. On the Estudio ostinato i found it impossible for me to play the G# in bar 5 and let it ring. Everytime i tried, i experienced pain in my wrist. I am not sure if i am doing something wrong. I hope i will be able to improve on the stretches...
Hi Dennis. Very well done. On estudio I think you didn't completed the repeat, which is found just before the final bar and note. I agree with you. I struggled with Estudio to hold the base notes longer and give it the unique sound required. Also, that g# is next to impossible for me. I feel my fingers are too short, lol. Best luck this semester. I look forward to seeing our progress like last semester. Thanks, Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:29 am

Andrew Goodell wrote:Posting my attempt at Estudio Ostinato. I find this one notoriously tough and realize it is going to be a long term endeavor to get any musicality out of it. I can't tell you how many "takes" i had to try to even get this one! Ni modo...
Andrew,

Very well done. Estudio was very difficult for me to get some musicality out of. Yours was well done. I think I noticed in the beginning of Bretonneuse you did not mute in bars 3, 5 and 7. I struggled with muting the other bars 11, 14, 15 and 16. I felt I was 50:50 on getting the mute done without buzzing other strings or muting another one by accident. Thanks, Bill

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 am

Hi Bill
:bravo: The Bretonneuse you palyed very well, it has good rhythm, sound good.
The damp is very important, but I'm not do it well. :oops:

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Bill Davis wrote:Hello all,

Please find my lessons attached. I will say I had a hard time with both Estudio and Bretonneuse. Thank you for your feedback. -Bill
Hi Bill, really nice to see you again and thanks for the tips! Your recordings sound good. I had the same problem with the G# in the Estudio Ostinato. Its really hard to keep that stretch for the whole bar. Apart from that, i think yours sound good. Also the Bretonneuse is very well played. You already mentioned that you struggle with the dampening of the bass notes, that was the only thing i could pick up. :bravo:

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey guys :)

I recently moved to another city, so I missed the first 3 lessons of d04. Now I am starting again playing :)
I will do my best to catch up :)

Jesús Morote

Post by Jesús Morote » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Estudio ostinato, en la mayor, by Francisco Tárrega

Youtube

Stéphanie Foret: Bretonneuse

Youtube
D04 Student (spanish, italian and english Forums)

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”