D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Dennis Stewart

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Angela Zhao wrote:Hi Dennis
:bravo:
The Prelude opus 114 n°7 , you play very good, I think you play more fluent than me, especially from bar 18 to the end, you transit very good, not any gap.

Petite etude
on bar 9, the E duration is too long, you play it not eighth, but dotted eighth, and at the end of the song, you miss the bar 26, I watch your video, you play bar 25 then to bar 27.
And the harmonic you played very good, very clean and clear, I play it alomst not can be heard.Do you have good methods? :D
The whole song you play it very musically, I like it!
congratulation!:)
Hi Angela, thank you for the commets, they are very valuable! You are right, i forgot bar 26 on Petit etude. How did that happen??? I need to listen to Mr. Delcamps performances more often while learning a song and keep better focus on the notation.

With the harmonics its a bit of a gamble at the moment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but is ts getting better. At the beginning the biggest issue was to get the volume loud enough. I try to use more fingernails than on my normal palying and pick the strings harder. I guess keep on practicing is key. The harmonics on your first Petit etude were really good and i noticed that you struggled a bit on the second recording.

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Ok, here it is. I am far from being happy with it, but i have to get it out and concentrate on the next lesson. Especially the Arpegios are very badly played. I just couldent get consistent with them.

Youtube

abel

Post by abel » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Dennis Stewart
Hello;
I have good comments for you. Very well. Good job.

Grettings

Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Dennis Stewart wrote:
And the harmonic you played very good, very clean and clear, I play it alomst not can be heard.Do you have good methods? :D
With the harmonics its a bit of a gamble at the moment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but is ts getting better. At the beginning the biggest issue was to get the volume loud enough. I try to use more fingernails than on my normal palying and pick the strings harder. I guess keep on practicing is key. The harmonics on your first Petit etude were really good and i noticed that you struggled a bit on the second recording.
For Harmonics, I've discovered (on my guitar at least) that when I pluck the string closer to the bridge I often get a clearer, louder harmonic.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

abel wrote:Dennis Stewart
Hello;
I have good comments for you. Very well. Good job.

Grettings
Hi Abel, thank you very much for your kind comment! :D

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Dennis Stewart wrote:
For Harmonics, I've discovered (on my guitar at least) that when I pluck the string closer to the bridge I often get a clearer, louder harmonic.
Thanks for the tip Rick. I tried it out and it works for me! Much appreciated.

Nitin Nepali

Post by Nitin Nepali » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:35 am

Getting better. I like your finger movements and agility.
Keep up the good work!!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”