D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Postby Jean-François Delcamp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D01.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D01.
These exercises will work upon the technique of simultaneous rest strokes (apoyando) with the thumb and index finger, and also with the thumb and middle finger.
The rest stroke is a way to play the string with a finger movement which plucks the string and then continues to move until it comes to rest on the adjacent string. Working on this technique will allow you to discover the best position for your plucking hand (the right hand if you are right-handed).
If you are already used to plucking the strings with free strokes, the simultaneous rest strokes with the thumb and a finger will seem difficult to you, even impossible. But be assured, with patience and perseverence, this difficulty will be resolved in 30 minutes. I know from experience that the first tries are truly discouraging, particularly for adults. It is for this reason that I wish to reassure you in advance, take heart, you will be able to do it.
Page 26 : Jean-François Delcamp - Polyphony
Page 58 : Jean-François Delcamp - Rest stroke, number 15.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Finally, we'll look at 4 simple tunes, pages 27 to 28. These tunes will work upon the technique of simultaneous rest strokes (apoyando) with the thumb and index finger, and also with the thumb and middle finger.
Antonio Cano-Curriella : Leccion I (Rest stroke)
Pascual Roch : Exercices de simple alternation (Rest stroke) [No video provided]
Anonyme : Donne-moi la fleur (Rest stroke)

Youtube

Youtube

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Jean-François Delcamp : Polyphonie, numero 2 (Rest stroke)
Antonio Cano-Curriella : Leccion I (Rest stroke)
Pascual Roch (1860-1921) : Exercices de simple alternation (Rest stroke)

Good luck!

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François

---

Exam Qualifying submissions:

Polyphonie
Leccion I
Exercices de simple alternation

Dustin McKinney
Polyphonie
Leccion I
Exercices de simple alternation
:( + ♫ = :)

Dustin McKinney
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Postby Dustin McKinney » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:58 am

My submissions!

Polyphony Numero 2

Youtube

Leccion 1

Youtube

Exercises De Simple Alternation

Youtube
Kremona Fiesta FC

John Montes

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Postby John Montes » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 am

Dustin McKinney wrote:My submissions!

Nice job Dustin :bravo:

One very very minor thing, a repeat is missing in Simple Alternation, section #2 m1 & m2, other than that, pretty darn good :-)

No need to re-record or re-submit, just be mindful during sight-reading practice.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”