D05 Classical guitar lesson 08

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 08

Postby Rick Beauregard » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:26 am

Very well done Stewart. Your Prelude was beautifully played in the first part before you started having problems. It's such a long and rambling piece, I also have issues playing it through without mental lapses.

The angle of your video made it impossible to see your right hand to see if you are alternating fingering on the Tarrega estudio.

I think your tremolo is coming along nicely. I am having trouble with it as well. Also trying to learn Amando.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Stewart Doyle

Postby Stewart Doyle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks Rick, I've been doing some reading and thinking about my tremolo and so far have come up with...

1) It would help if I used another camera angle so I can see what my RH fingers are doing (for tremolo and other pieces)
2) There are lots of posts on the forum related to tremolo and the frustrations on achieving a smooth, fast tremolo. So far these have led to some interesting external pages/resources by Tom Poore, Douglas Niedt, Philip Hii etc.
3) The little work I have done in the past (an infrequently undertaken exercise from Pumping Nylon) has been focussed around control and planting. This might be very useful at some stage of development or for some people, but I think Tom Poore is on to something when he suggests at http://www.pooretom.com/learningtremolo1.html to 'start with speed and gradually add control'
4) I should also not get hung up on aiming for pami; instead seeing what works for me
5) The 'thumb swatting' that Douglas Niedt describes struck a chord too, as did the advice about working on the second string for tremolo to help minimise the RH finger movement
6) It will take time.... :lol:
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Rick Beauregard

Postby Rick Beauregard » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Good stuff. I also like the tremolo lesson from Gohar. https://youtu.be/nsAs-rsKaZg
She also has a short book of exercises.
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Rick Beauregard

Postby Rick Beauregard » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 am

Here are my final takes on this month's lessons. Thanks for listening, and good luck with the final exam! :merci:

Youtube

Youtube
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”