D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D02.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D02.
- page 81 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) LIAISONS - LEGATURE - SLURS – LIGADOS
Ascending slurs are produced by striking (hammering down on) the string with a left hand finger. The faster and more decisive this movement is, the more volume is obtained.
Descending slurs are produced by pulling the string with a left hand finger (and letting it snap off the fingertip). The more parallel this movement is to the plane of the fingerboard (i.e. towards the adjacent string where there is one), the more volume is obtained.

Youtube

- page 82 numéro 35 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) ARPÈGES - ARPEGGI - ARPEGGIOS - ARPEGIOS
In these arpeggios, only your fingers move, be sure to keep your right hand in the same position.

Youtube

Next we'll work on four pieces :
- page 18 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) QUATRE ACCORDS
Improvise different patterns of arpeggio and different patterns of accompaniment while keeping strictly to the time signature, key and chords indicated.

Youtube

- page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6
Play the melody in the bass with as much legato as possible (without breaks between the notes). Damp the notes of the accompaniment, by placing your fingers on the strings, where indicated by the rests. Try out other fingerings if, in bar 7, you find the indicated fingering difficult for playing the C# and the G. I recommend that you experiment first with the various possible fingerings, (fingers 1 and 2) (fingers 1 and 3) (fingers 1 and 4) (fingers 2 and 3) (fingers 2 and 4) (fingers 3 and 4) until you finally settle on the one that allows you to obtain the best result.

Youtube

- page 63 ANONYME A CANOA VIROU
In order to mark the beat yourself, you need to count the smallest rhythmic values out loud as you play, as indicated on the score: "1 e 2 e 3 e 4 e" ("1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" in English)

Youtube

- page 64 Fernando SOR (1778-1839) LEÇON XV opus 60

Youtube

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
- page 18 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) QUATRE ACCORDS
- page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6

Good luck!

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François

---

Exan qualifying submissions:

QUATRE ACCORDS
EJERCICIO N°6

Jenni Gribble
EJERCICIO N°6

David Florea
QUATRE ACCORD
EJERCICIO N°6
:( + ♫ = :)

Colin Bullock

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 pm

exam announced here http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/v ... 37#p191932

Piece is D02 Anonyme : A Canoa Virou, p. 63.

Good luck everyone

Jenni Gribble
Student of the online lessons

Post by Jenni Gribble » Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Here is a recording of my Ejercicio N6. I am afraid that I may not be able to participate in the exam. I do not have 7 complete lessons done yet, and I am having a lot of trouble with strumming chords in this lesson and the last one. I am also afraid that I am shorter on practice time than normal. I teach both high school and college courses and this is a very hectic time of year for me, as we are finishing out the year and the spring semester.

But I plan on participating as much as possible in this lesson and in June's lesson. And I will post what I can. I also hope to see y'all next year.

EDIT: After listening to my recording, I realize that I am late on some of the beats (the chords). I guess this in one reason to record yourself. I didn't notice that before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Jenni Gribble wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm
I am afraid that I may not be able to participate in the exam. I do not have 7 complete lessons done yet,
Sorry to hear that. You only need the slurs and improvisation to complete lesson 8.
I know this is a very busy time for teachers, but if you have the time you could do those plus exam piece and leave lessons 9&10 until later.
Pity not to benefit from all the hard work you have put in.

Will look forward to seeing you next year no matter what the outcome.

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 pm

My submissions as follows; Quatre Accords and Ejercicio N-6

Youtube

Youtube

Jenni Gribble

Post by Jenni Gribble » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Jenni Gribble on Wed May 03, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenni Gribble

Post by Jenni Gribble » Wed May 03, 2017 2:08 am

Colin Bullock wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 pm
if you have the time you could do those plus exam piece and leave lessons 9&10 until later.
Pity not to benefit from all the hard work you have put in.
Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to try and finish up lesson 8 in the next few days and then work on the final.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed May 03, 2017 9:24 am

Jenni Gribble wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:08 am
Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to try and finish up lesson 8 in the next few days and then work on the final.
That's good. Just pick whichever is easiest to complete a lesson.
All the best.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat May 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Congratulations everyone on the exam results

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm not seeing the exam results for DO2. Someone on another thread said they were posted on the 26th of May.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon May 29, 2017 5:18 pm

David Florea wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm
I'm not seeing the exam results for DO2. Someone on another thread said they were posted on the 26th of May.
It's here http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/v ... df#p193061

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Tue May 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Thank you

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”