D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
DaveMoutrie
Student of the online lessons

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by DaveMoutrie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 pm
Here is my take on Paganini. Really difficult to play it clean. Tried to record it many times on different days. Maybe I just play it too fast:

- page 76, 77 Paganini, Niccolò Ghiribizzo n°24

Youtube
Sorry about the delay on commenting on your rendition of this piece Andrei, but I felt unable to comment until I had practiced it a bit myself.

I think you have the tempo about the same as JF and you play it very well - though I think you have missed a few of the base notes in the B section. It does sound good with the tempo taken up a bit, though I keep making lots of mistakes.

Well done and excellent playing - I will be pleased if I can play it as well as you :)
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Barnes and Mullins classical
Yamaha silent guitar

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Here is my attempt at the Novelette after the umteenth attempt and still not as good as I would like.... played it better
after I had turned the camera off, but ain't that always the way.

All comments of course welcome.

Youtube
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:58 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Here is my attempt at the Novelette after the umteenth attempt and still not as good as I would like.... played it better

Youtube
Hey Dave, congrats, this is a very clean rendition, I like it a lot. The only minor thing is not playing forte as indicated in measures 7 and 19 (I did poor job here as well...)
Cordoba C9

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 am

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:58 pm
DaveMoutrie wrote:

Hey Dave, congrats, this is a very clean rendition, I like it a lot. The only minor thing is not playing forte as indicated in measures 7 and 19 (I did poor job here as well...)
Thank you for your comment Andrei - I guess it took me so long to get a reasonably clean rendition of this that I neglected to put the forte in. How do professionals get it near perfect every time and still get all the dynamics in?
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm

DaveMoutrie wrote:
.... played it better
I don’t know what it is about the camera watching me, but it happens all the time.

However, you dont need to feel disappointed with this rendition it is very good. I wish i could manage the same.

DaveMoutrie

Post by DaveMoutrie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm
DaveMoutrie wrote:
.... played it better
I don’t know what it is about the camera watching me, but it happens all the time.

However, you dont need to feel disappointed with this rendition it is very good. I wish i could manage the same.
Thank you for your encouraging words Colin, I'm trying to use the camera more and more on the basis that familiarity breeds contempt and eventually I won't even realise its there. I'm now playing catch up while trying to learn lesson 5's pieces at the same time, so using the camera quite a lot anyway.
Alhambra 4p Cedar
Yamaha silent guitar

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”