Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Hello everyone,
From Wednesday, 6 September 2017, I will be starting a new series of lessons corresponding to the first seven years at music school (D01, D02, D03, D04, D05, D06, D07).
:idea: :arrow: Update viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&p=1221076#p1221076
My aim is to help isolated amateurs who don't have the opportunity to have a teacher. I ask my forum students to provide help and encouragement to one another. My role as teacher will be to give you a reasonable goal, offering you, while respecting copyright, a repertoire with the greatest possible musical value. I will be illustrating my lessons with audio and video examples for each piece or exercise. Unfortunately I shall only rarely be able to reply to your questions through lack of available time.

Registration for courses at the first three levels (D01, D02, D03) is available to anyone who has posted 2 messages on the forum: a message of introduction and a message requesting registration into the students group.
Registration for the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh year courses (D04, D05, D06, D07) is available only to members who have already posted 20 messages on the forum.

Before accepting a new student, I require these four conditions to be met:
1. You must be registered on the forum with your real forename and surname. To change your username, post a request in the forum: "Your messages to the site administrator".
To register for the lessons and to confirm that you have satisfied the conditions set for participation in my courses, use the thread you are in now: "Conditions for participating in the lessons".

2. You must publicize the 2017-2018 course sessions. Publicize the lessons, for instance, by putting up a notice in the window of your local baker or guitar store. Publicize them on FaceBook, Twitter, Youtube, discussion groups, your blog or website. The more students there are, the more effective the mutual help will be. Mention the lessons to your guitarist friends in conversation or by email.
Here is some suitable wording:
www.classicalguitardelcamp.com
Free classical guitar lessons on the internet
Lessons given by Jean-François Delcamp
The lessons will begin in September 2017 and finish in June 2018.
These classical guitar lessons correspond to the first sixth years at music school.
The lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have the opportunity of having a teacher.
The conditions for registration are available on the forum: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/

Here is a poster in PDF format:
affiche-sans-date_ENG.pdf

Here is a poster in JPG format:
affiche-sans-date_ENG.jpg

3. You must undertake to post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course. If for some reason a student is temporarily unable to keep up with the course, he should let the other students know and catch up on the missed lesson or lessons as soon as possible. If the interruption goes on for several months, the student should alert a moderator of the student group so that the moderator can keep the student list up to date. A student can follow more than one course at different levels on condition that he undertakes to post the recordings required for at least 7 of the 10 lessons of each course. A student may change courses during the year, but in this case he must start by catching up on the lessons of his new course in the proper order. A student who does not complete the course may repeat the same level the following year, but must begin again from lesson 01 of that level and submit new recordings of the required pieces.

4. You must undertake to listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Students can ask for help on the forum at any time, whether in connection with the lessons or the working of the forum in general.

Conditions of use for Delcamp documents:
The scores, online guitar lessons, audio and video recordings found on Delcamp are free to use and free of copyright for private and non-commercial use. You are not authorized to distribute copies of any of them, either in their present format or converted into any other format. If you are a guitar teacher registered on one of the forums of this site, you are authorized to give out printed copies of scores to those of your students who do not have internet access. The help you provide to members of the forum is the contribution asked from you in return for free use of the documents made available to you on the forums. If you should cease to participate in the forum and stop helping its members, you should stop using Delcamp documents.

Calendar of lessons and exams for the 2017-2018 session:
This is how the lessons will be conducted:
On the date announced, I will update an existing lesson or post a new one. In my message I will indicate the pieces and exercises which should be practised during a period of 4 weeks. Certain pieces are to be practised with a view to posting them in the lesson to be discussed constructively with the other students. I will provide links to the scores to be downloaded, along with numerous audio and video recordings. Participation in a course remains open during the whole year. The ideal is to start in September, but you can start to follow the lessons at any time in the year, and likewise you can catch up on lessons at any time.

I ask all students to listen to the recordings of each of the other students at the same level and then to give their encouragement, their opinion and, if possible, their advice. Each student receiving such advice is invited to demonstrate that he can make good use of the advice of other forum users by posting a new recording. If you are not able to post a video, posting photographs of yourself playing the guitar will enable others to give you advice on the best position to adopt for holding your guitar. All constructive advice will be welcome, and I am counting on the help of all forum users. In particular, I ask the help of my fellow teachers to assist, encourage, advise and finally promote the progress of the students of the online lessons.

The calendar in detail:
Lessons (D01, D02, D03, D04, D05, D06 and D07) will be updated on the following dates:
Lesson 1 updated Wednesday 6 September 2018
Lesson 2 updated Wednesday 4 October
Lesson 3 updated Wednesday 1 November
Lesson 4 updated Wednesday 6 December
Lesson 5 updated Wednesday 3 January 2018
Lesson 6 updated Wednesday 7 February
Lesson 7 updated Wednesday 7 March
Lesson 8 updated Wednesday 4 April
Lesson 9 updated Wednesday 2 May
Lesson 10 updated Wednesday 6 June

First-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May

Second-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May

Third-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May

Fourth-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May

Fifth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May

Lessons at sixth-year and seventh-year music school level (D06 and D07) will take place on the Spanish forum only.
Level D06 and D07 lessons will contain only video demonstrations.
These lessons will not contain any explanatory text.

To follow these lessons, you need to register on the Spanish forum:
http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/ .
If you wish to take the end-of-year exam, the conditions for doing so are the same as for levels D01 to D05.
The final sixth year exam (D06) will take place on the Spanish forum on 12, 13, 14 May.
The final seventh year exam (D07) will take place on the Spanish forum on 28, 29, 30 May.

In September 2017 the 2017-2018 session will begin. The previous year's lessons, 2016-2017, will then be closed.

Year-end exams:
At the end of the year, students who have posted all the work required for at least seven of the ten lessons of the course can take the exam and obtain a diploma.

Good luck to you all!

Yours, Jean-François
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jean-François Delcamp on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 19 times in total.
:( + ♫ = :)

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:28 am

Hello everyone.

I have just updated the topic "Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons" with the new lesson dates and display posters, and have moved the old posts from that thread to the archives. I have also cleared out the "Students" group ready for new registrations from students who wish to follow the new 2015-2016 session.

Regards to all.
Jef
:( + ♫ = :)

QuintinBulnes

Post by QuintinBulnes » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:52 am

Many thanks!
"Si de noche lloras por el sol, no verás las estrellas."

EricKatz

Post by EricKatz » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 am

Hello mods,

Please register me for the lessons D05 (2015-2016). I have satisfied the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2015-2016 course sessions on my Facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:17 am

Thanks Eric! You're now registered!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

QuintinBulnes

Post by QuintinBulnes » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:46 am

Greetings all,

In following the rules, please register me for the 2015-2016 lessons. I have done the following:

• I am successfully registered on the forum with my first name and last name.
• I have published the 2015-2016 course poster on my Facebook page and will be posting it on a few businesses around my area.
• I will upload a minimum of 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
• I will study the recordings posted by the other students at my same level and comment on their effort. I will also post a minimum of one message per week to encourage and provide constructive criticism or advice to my fellow students.
"Si de noche lloras por el sol, no verás las estrellas."

Chris McIntyre

Post by Chris McIntyre » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 am

Hello!

I've posted a notice of the new year of lessons on the /r/classicalguitar and /r/guitarlessons sections of Reddit and told some friends about it who seemed interested in starting guitar. I will probably post a flyer in the math student lounge at my university as well. I have a pretty open schedule for the next year, so it's nice I can get started with this and have the time to dedicate to it. I plan on carefully following the whole schedule of lessons and will perform my duties as a student as outlined above.

Thanks!!!

I'm excited to be able to start the lessons!

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 am

:merci: Quintin and Chris! You are now registered in the Students' group. Enjoy the lessons!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 am

Hi Marko et al.
Please register me for the online lessons.
I've not decided what level yet, but I'll probably step back and repeat D05 this year.
I've put up a poster at work, and publicized the lessons in my Classical guitar summer "recital" 2015
:merci:
Alhambra 11P

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:41 am

Welcome back, Håvard!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Please register me for level D03. I have posted a copy of the poster in two places in my neighbourhood and will abide by the other conditions for taking the lessons.

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Mark Farber wrote:Please register me for level D03. I have posted a copy of the poster in two places in my neighbourhood and will abide by the other conditions for taking the lessons.
Hi Mark,

You've been added to the students group, enjoy the 2015 lessons :bye:
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons

Post by Zafar Haq » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi, Marko,John,
Please register me for year 2015-16,Level D02.I'm also interested to continue my practice and participate at Level D01 class to improve myself.
I posted the required Delcamp ad poster image at my google plus account.
https://plus.google.com/b/1147225391175 ... 7738/posts
Thanks. :)

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, Marko,John,
Please register me for year 2015-16,Level D02.I'm also interested to continue my practice and participate at Level D01 class to improve myself.
I posted the required Delcamp ad poster image at my google plus account.
https://plus.google.com/b/1147225391175 ... 7738/posts
Thanks. :)
Hi Zahar,

You've been added to the students group, enjoy the 2015 lessons :bye:
Thanks for the confirmation of the lessons announcement @ Google+
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello
Please register me for the lessons D05 (2015-2016). I have satisfied the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the 2015-2016 course sessions on my Facebook.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.
:merci: :discussion: :bye:

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”