FAQs for lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
pequod

Re: FAQs for lessons

Post by pequod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks Geoff. Sorry, I have difficulty navigating around forums.
I think it will be best for me to wait until the next course starts.
Maybe I will have some basics by then.
Pequod

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:36 pm

OK, Pequod. Of course there's nothing to stop you looking through the lessons anyway (even without actively participating) and learning from what other students are doing, so that you'll be ready to hit the ground running when the new session starts!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Haris Karachristianidis
Student of the online lessons

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:01 pm

I would like to ask, till when do I have to submit D02 lessons? I have submitted 4 lessons till now and am almost ready for the 5th. Till when do I have to submit the 7 lessons? An till when can I submit all 10 lessons?
The same question about the exams, I read it will be announced on 21th April, till when do we have to submit it?
Thank you!

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 pm

In order to take the exam, you'll have to complete at least 7 lessons before submitting the exam recording. The exam submission has to be done within the specified exam dates:
Second-year final exam 20, 21 and 22 May
See first post here: Conditions for participating in the lessons

The lessons will be open for posting until the new lessons start in September, but you'll still be able to access the lessons from the Classical guitar lessons archive.
Alhambra 11P

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:57 am

Thank you Håvard!

I have one more question: I use this SONY HDR-CX280 BLACK Handycam for my recordings, but I think the audio quality is not good. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkd9wn0nqe8
I would like to ask, is this audio quality enough for the lessons or should I find another solution? And what should that be? Recorder? Recorder + microphone?
Thank you

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Haris. The audio quality in your recording is good enough for lessons and exam. Of course a decent condenser mic will make it sound better, and tone production might be easier to judge. Purchase recording equipment if you want to, not because you have to:-) You'll find recommendations elsewhere in the forum. I use a usb connected condenser mic (MAudio) to record audio separately. The downside is that you might have to manually add and synchronise the audio recording to the video,.
Alhambra 11P

Ernesto Santiago

Post by Ernesto Santiago » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 am

Hello,

I would like to partipate in the lessons. Can you please advise how to start. I have no problems with the conditions. It appears the course in ending. Is there a new course beginning? I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Thanks Ernesto

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Ernesto,

The course will be repeated in September, so it's probably best to wait till then if you're not in a hurry. It is possible to register now and follow the current course, though there will not be many other students around to compare notes with, and you won't have time to finish the course by the time the current session is closed in September, so if you wanted to continue after that you'd need to restart from lesson 1 anyway. If you do want to register now, you need to post a message in the Conditions topic confirming that you have fulfilled the conditions and requesting registration. Alternatively you can follow the lessons by yourself, without registering and without actively participating, but just reading the lessons, watching the videos, and seeing what other students did, which will prepare you for a better start in September.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Ernesto Santiago

Post by Ernesto Santiago » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 am

Thank you Geoff for your reply. I'll will wait until the next session in Sept, in the meantime I will review, practice and follow the lessons.

Ernesto

Theresa S. Sedlock

Post by Theresa S. Sedlock » Fri May 16, 2014 1:01 am

***. Everytime i enter a reply on the spanish forumn, it doesn't show up. I give up, screw this

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Theresa, see my reply here to your other post about this problem. It might be worth trying again as I suggested there, though I'm afraid it could well be too late. Did you attempt to introduce yourself first in the English mini-forum as described in the FAQ here? Be aware that your first messages don't show up right away - they have to wait for a moderator to see and approve them (this is a defence against spammers), and approval can take up to 24 hours, depending on whether there is a moderator available, so (for future reference) it's better to start a few days early and not wait until the last minute. But once one message has been approved, subsequent messages should appear immediately. You are normally expected to post at least two messages before submitting your video, of which one should be a brief introduction or greeting in the English mini-forum and the other your request for registration. I suggest you post a second message in the English mini-forum, then try to submit your video as I describe in my other reply, but be ready for a disappointment if they don't decide to bend the rules for you.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:46 pm

This year on January I joined D02 and catched up the group. I found the level easy (of course the exams result has to prove this too :-) )
So next year I join D03. I would like to ask, is there a reason to join D01 too, or should I leave it totally out?

Thank you!
Haris

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:52 pm

You can leave D01 out if you have felt comfortable with the level of D02. That will leave more time to work on D03! :wink:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Geoff,

I visited the Martin Guitar factory in Nazareth, PA on Friday. I spoke to someone at the factory and wrote down the Delcamp website for her to take lessons. I am hoping to get the site some publicity and hopefully can pick some people up through them. By the way, if anyone is in the Philadelphia area and has access to a car, I highly recommend visiting them. You can take a tour of the factory and visit their museum, it is totally free.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Excellent, thanks Scott!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”