FAQs for lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: FAQs for lessons

Postby GeoffB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:06 pm

In preparation for the next session, the FAQs at the beginning of this topic have now been completely revised and greatly expanded, from the original 9 questions to a new total of 43. As there was too much to fit into one post, a second post has been inserted and the FAQs split between them. In a few cases some wording has been borrowed or adapted from other members. In the interests of clarity it was not practical to acknowledge this individually, but I thank them and all members who generously provide help to their fellow members here.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Nice job, Geoff! The new FAQ will be very helpful for the new students! :bravo:
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Martin Adrian

Postby Martin Adrian » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:08 am

GeoffB wrote:
Can I use just any guitar?

You will need to use a classical guitar (or at least an acoustic guitar with no internal pickups or amplification).

so in conclusion i need to record my classical guitar using microphone right? even though i've used piezzo pickups in my classical guitar???

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:49 am

Martin Adrian wrote:so in conclusion i need to record my classical guitar using microphone right? even though i've used piezzo pickups in my classical guitar???

That's correct. The aim is to produce a natural sounding acoustical recording, and for that you need an external microphone. The guitar having a piezo pickup doesn't mean that you shouldn't use that guitar for recording, just don't record it using the piezo pickup.

This rule is in line with the general rules about recordings posted in this site, not just for online lessons. See http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1550&p=11236#p11236.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Claude Huddy

Postby Claude Huddy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am

Hello
Has anyone used an IPad 3 or similar to provide the required recordings for lessons. I wonder if the quality is acceptable for everyone. Mind you I won't need a poor quality recording to make me sound any worse.
:bye:

Håvard.Bergene
Student of the online lessons

Postby Håvard.Bergene » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Yes, I think that has been used...
Recording with a smartphone or tablet should be good enough for posting in the lessons, and even for the exam. Of course using a condenser mic (or two) will be better. To answer what is acceptable you need to ask what is the purpose of the recording... I decided to buy a better microphone (not good, quite cheap, but much better than the internal mic on my camera) during D02 because I wanted better sound quality in my recordings, not because the it was necessary. I would concentrate on developing the skills more than the quality of the recording ...
Alhambra 11P

Claude Huddy

Postby Claude Huddy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 am

Håvard.Bergene wrote:Yes, I think that has been used...
Recording with a smartphone or tablet should be good enough for posting in the lessons, and even for the exam. Of course using a condenser mic (or two) will be better. To answer what is acceptable you need to ask what is the purpose of the recording... I decided to buy a better microphone (not good, quite cheap, but much better than the internal mic on my camera) during D02 because I wanted better sound quality in my recordings, not because the it was necessary. I would concentrate on developing the skills more than the quality of the recording ...

Thanks Havard
I will try - I went and bought an external microphone just in case
I will take your very perceptive advice on concentrating on my skills - in Australia we say "a good tradesman never blames his tools"
:merci:

Stefan Srećković

Postby Stefan Srećković » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:28 am

Which microphone did you buy?
An adventurer!

Rameen Raha

Postby Rameen Raha » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Hey everyoneو

Have lessons started yet. I have registered myself at D02.

Regards,
Rameen Raha

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Rameen,

The lessons started a week and a half ago, but there's still plenty of time to take part. Here is the thread for the first lesson of D02. :bye:
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Rameen Raha

Postby Rameen Raha » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Hey All,

Can Anyone say that what is happening with the lessons? I am a D02 student I see almost four threads of D02-01 lessons in the forum three of them are locked and one is open and I can reply the post.

And D02-02 all of them are locked...?

Regards,
Rameen Raha

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Postby Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Rameen,

D02-02 lessons begin on Oct. 8th. Here's the timetable:

Lessons at second-year music school level (D02) will be updated on the following dates:
Lesson 1 updated Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Lesson 2 updated Wednesday, Oct. 8
Lesson 3 updated Wednesday, November 5
Lesson 4 updated Wednesday, December 3
Lesson 5 updated Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Lesson 6 updated Wednesday, February 4
Lesson 7 updated Wednesday, March 4
Lesson 8 updated Wednesday, April 1
Lesson 9 updated Wednesday, April 29
Lesson 10 updated Wednesday, May 27
Second-year final exam 21, 22, 23 May

Good luck! :)

Alan

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:41 am

Hi Rameen,

Can't you see my reply to your post above, with the link to this year's first lesson of D02?
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Haris Karachristianidis
Student of the online lessons

Postby Haris Karachristianidis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:15 am

Although it is too early for me to ask these questions, out of curiosity I would like to ask: Are there not D06 and D07 lessons in the English forum, only in the Spanish?
And what about D08-D12 lessons/topics? I can not see them even in the Spanish forum.
Thank you!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Haris,

There are no lessons for D08 or above, and as M. Delcamp has much less free time these days, I would guess it's unlikely he will be able to provide them in the near future. For the same reason, the D06 and D07 lessons do not include any explanatory text, but just the demonstration videos, and M. Delcamp only intends to run them on the Spanish forum, though members of all the other forums are welcome to participate in them there.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”