Students' Corner

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons

Re: Students' Corner

Postby Zafar Haq » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:00 am

Hi, Classmates,
Here is an Exercise #7 taken from JULIO S.SAGRERAS LAS PRIMERAS LECCIONES DE GUITARRA book to train my right hand index middle fingers walking technique. :)

Youtube

Michele Franceschini

Postby Michele Franceschini » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Hello fellow students and mods, I have a question: do you know if next year there will be a D06 class on the English forum?

Cheers,

Michele

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Michele Franceschini wrote:Hello fellow students and mods, I have a question: do you know if next year there will be a D06 class on the English forum?

Cheers,

Michele

We're not currently aware of an English forum session for D06 in 2016-2017, but there will be a D06 in the Spanish forum.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Michele Franceschini

Postby Michele Franceschini » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks John! I'll make sure to keep my account alive on the Spanish forum then :)

Zafar Haq

Postby Zafar Haq » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi, Classmates,
In continuation of my right hand index middle fingers walking practice,here is a piece taken from JULIO S.SAGRERAS LAS PRIMERAS LECCIONES DE GUITARRA Exercise # 8.
My focus is to train my right hand fingers.Left hand fretting, squeaking string sound is not my focus. :)

Youtube

Zafar Haq

Postby Zafar Haq » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi, Classmates,
JULIO S.SAGRERAS LAS PRIMERAS LECCIONES DE GUITARRA book Exercises 9,10,11 used for practice right hand index middle fingers walking practice. :)

Youtube

Zafar Haq

Postby Zafar Haq » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi, Classmates,
Here is a link for my right hand index middle fingers walking exercises no.12,13,14,15 taken from book JULIO S.SAGRERAS LAS PRIMERAS LECCIONES DE GUITARRA provided by Mr.Delcamp. :)

Youtube

Tea Toradze

Postby Tea Toradze » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi All,

Any idea when the next course schedule start day is please?

Kind regards

Tea

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Tea,

The course typically starts in mid-September, and I have no reason to believe this year would be any different. I hope to see you then!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Zafar Haq

Postby Zafar Haq » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi, Classmates,
Here is a 3 part series link explaining Harmonics on guitar with examples.
We will use music sheets in which harmonics symbols are placed as "empty circles" above notes or "text Hrm" placed under the notes or "notes themselves have a diamond head with stem" at level D03 and higher levels.I will post some images showing, how to identify harmonics symbols placed in a particular music sheet.
Visit here,
----://---.fundamental-changes.com/harmonics-on-guitar

This author practically explain on guitar the production and playing of harmonics in multipart series.

Visit this link for part 1,
-----://---.youtube.com/watch?v=MMOv-15JfG0

Part 2,
-----://---.youtube.com/watch?v=MGnf0dDPuYM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

derekmcdm

Postby derekmcdm » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:20 pm

I have been looking through the D01 online lessons with a view to registering for the next session in September. I like the emphasis placed on 'damping' notes from the very first lesson and I think the exercises using rest stroke simultaneoulsy with p and i, m, a are good for developing good right hand position.
However I am confused about some of the RH fingerings - specifically the discrepancy between the fingering marked on the score and that used in the demonstration video.
e.g. studies p11-15 - LA TETE BIZARDE and FRERE JACQUES both have p fingering on the score but p is never used in the video?
I thought at first this might be an isolate 'typo' but as I progressed throught the lessons I found more examples
e.g. Lesson 3, tunes p16-20 - SCARBOROUGH FAIR, A VOUS DIRAI-JE MAMAN, LO NOUS MARCHONS SUR AN ETROIT CHEMIN all have p indications in the score but p is nowhere used in the corresponding videos???

This is all the more confusing because of the emphasis on 'damping' since the appropriate damping technique depends on the choice of RH fingering.

Am I missing something? I'm surprised I couldn't find any comments on this anywhere?

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 am

derekmcdm wrote:However I am confused about some of the RH fingerings - specifically the discrepancy between the fingering marked on the score and that used in the demonstration video.

There has been some discussion about the discrepancies in the past. To look at the past years' lesson topics, see the Lesson Archive.

It looks to me that the right hand fingerings have either been added into the score, or modified, after the videos were recorded, as there are left hand damping marks in several places, where the use of 'p' rest stroke makes them unnecessary. I don't think it matters too much whether you choose to follow the right hand fingering of the demonstration videos, or the one in sheet music. There will be plenty of practice later on using 'p' rest strokes, i-m alternation (both free and rest strokes), and damping using both left and right hand fingers.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Morgan Matta

Postby Morgan Matta » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:26 am

Is there any point in me registering for the Student Group now or will I just have to register for it again when classes start?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:32 am

Hi Morgan, there is no point in registering now. The new session should start some time in the first half of September. Watch the Registration topic here for an announcement nearer the time. Of course you can look through the old lessons here in the meantime to get some idea of what to expect. You may also find it useful to look through the FAQs here. And don't forget to apply for group 002 to get access to the scores.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Morgan Matta

Postby Morgan Matta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks Geoff. I hadn't noticed the FAQ thread. There's so much great info on here, but I haven't used a forum in years and it'll take me a little time to get used to the format again. Well worth it though.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”