Need A Cheap Electro Classical Guitar

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Blondie

Re: Need A Cheap Electro Classical Guitar

Post by Blondie » Fri May 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Jake Brawler wrote:The Kremona pickup is very fragile and will break with normal use in a few months. I broken four so far. .. The plug socket is still flimsy so I use caution every time it is pluged in and unplugged. On their own they are very bright and quacky and hum.
They sound great! :D

chrisphattingh

Post by chrisphattingh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:08 am

I know it is an old thread but......
I will most likely buy a Yamaha NCX 700 soon and I need help choosing a suitable amplifier.

Just an amplifier for a small group and also, I have a hearing problem. I don't need lots of volume but a good quality reproduction is required. A Cort was recommended but then from what I have seen the choices are mind boggling

RaajShinde

Post by RaajShinde » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Might be worth considering the Godin electro-acoustics as well. They have several nylon string instruments and they are very well constructed with beautiful sound.

Cheers!
The Sage is occupied with the unspoken
and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity,
producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result,
claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose.

chrisphattingh

Post by chrisphattingh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 am

Yes the Godin is nice but the NCX has the standard classical guitar design, except for the cutaway and has a better action than the CG162 I have.

I have already lowered the strings but is till more than 4 mm at the 12th fret.

gjj

Post by gjj » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:47 pm

I second the NCX opinion. Best amplified tone and electronics in a sub 1k guitar I have ever heard.
Sorry, no recommendations for "acoustic guitar" amps. I play through my Phil Jones Double 4 bass amp. I suppose that would count as a recommendation although it has no reverb or chorus. But it is shoebox size, 70w and sounds absolutely fantastic for both bass and guitar.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 pm

If you have time for it to be shipped, there is a brand in Austrailia called Miguel Rosales. I bought a thing body nylon electric that was rosewood and spruce that was under $200 USD shipped to United States. It was a re-labeled Chinese factory over-run of the Chines Manuel Rodriguez. They are on e - b a y and have lots of different models.

chrisphattingh

Post by chrisphattingh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:32 am

I played the NCX 700 again on Saturday and tested a Blackstar amplifier. Like everything else; the only limitation is your bank balance!

Thanks for the tip on the Miguel Rosales but perhaps I am a bit old fashioned........ stick with known brands and I just cannot imagine buying a guitar without testing it; getting the feel of it.

The music shop is finding me an amp so that I can connect my Ipad as well, rather a must for me. Decision time this week!

Return to “The Café”