A difficult time

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
mmapag

A difficult time

Post by mmapag » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:52 pm

My 33 year old daughter was diagnosed with Stage III hormone receptor breast cancer a little more than a year ago. After the traditional treatments of chemo therapy and radiation, the cancer has spread and she is now Stage IV. This situation is emotionally devastating and financially challenging for our family.
She is now going to begin a course of hormone therapy as well as some alternate treatments including CBD oil and a supplement and nutritional protocol that includes raising her body alkalinity and reducing glycemic foods, boosting her immune system, enzymes and antioxidants to raise her bodies natural defenses. We are doing anything and everything we can think of to keep her alive.

She is a beautiful and talented young woman. She is a Santa Monica Based singer/ songwriter with her duo partner in Roses and Cigarettes (a Ray La Montagne song reference). They released their first album a little over a year ago, just before her first diagnosis. It is Country and American music based Rock. My favorite from the album is a lovely ballad that my daughter Jenny penned the Lyrics for and her partner Angela wrote the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfQ42d3rBRM
This is the album mix. There are also a couple of live versions on Youtube.

Not so long ago her future seemed limitless. We never know what life will bring but we do know that now, her life is very much at risk and we have a battle to fight. As a parent, this is heartbreaking.

Any and all thoughtfulness and support for our family is welcomed. If anyone wants to know specifics on how to do that, please PM me. Thank you.

Michael
Last edited by mmapag on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S
'99 G.V. Rubio Estudio, Cedar, Palo Escrito

Kent

Re: A difficult time

Post by Kent » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Oh wow Michael. Many of us have experienced similar situations with a loved one. Having said this, I know that no one can come close to understanding your situation, because it is so personal and complicated. But I feel for you, your family, and your daughter, and wish for all the best possible outcome.
Keep strong and expect a great outcome. We live in a good time for miracles.
“Optimism is the foundation of courage.” – Nicholas Murray Butler

hanredman

Post by hanredman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Michael, we are so sorry to hear of your very trying situation. As a family have not been in a similar situation, but we can just imagine what you are going through. We will remember you in our prayers. As Kent said, stay positive and optimistic. Miracles still happen.
Joseph Redman
Amateur Guitar Builder

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 pm

hanredman wrote:Michael, we are so sorry to hear of your very trying situation. As a family have not been in a similar situation, but we can just imagine what you are going through. We will remember you in our prayers. As Kent said, stay positive and optimistic. Miracles still happen.
Kent & Joseph, thanks so much for caring and your support. I do believe in miracles. I am a man of faith. We are praying and working to heal her. She, like all of our children is so precious to us. Her sisters, her mom and I are fighting the battle to save her life.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm

Oh my, my heart is so heavy, Michael, I wish the very best for your daughter.

astro64

Post by astro64 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:30 am

Your daughter and all of you got a tough deal. She will be in my thoughts. I hope your prayers will be answered.

JohnNguyen

Post by JohnNguyen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:40 am

Michael, your daughter and your family are in my prayers. Be strong and stay strong. Best wishes!

CoachLDE

Post by CoachLDE » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:44 am

You, your daughter and your family will be in my prayers. God only gives us what we can handle. Continue to be strong.

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:34 am

Michael - You have all my sympathies. Being a parent is torture sometimes.

dory

Post by dory » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 pm

I do not believe God only gives us what we can handle. Life is very difficult sometimes and sometimes breaks people. Do not let it break you whatever happens. I hope you have a miracle. Jimmy Carter did. Oncology is progressing very fast and "miracle" treatments arise all the time. Check out the New York Timed series on cutting edge cancer treatments if you haven't already. Whatever happens my thoughts are with you and I am sending you my most positive healing energy.
Dory

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtfullness and encouragement.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 am

Very sorry to hear of this! Best wishes to all concerned.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Thank you David and heartfelt appreciation to those who have PM'ed me.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:15 am

Michael, you have enough worries. Paying for treatment should not be one of them. My love to Jenny.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:28 am

edcat7 wrote:Michael, you have enough worries. Paying for treatment should not be one of them. My love to Jenny.
Thanks Ed. In the middle of this difficulty, it has been a blessing to see how supportive so many, including you and other here have been!
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Return to “The Café”