A difficult time

Talk about things that are not necessarily related to music or the guitar.
Jacek A. Rochacki

Re: A difficult time

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Dear Michael
Please accept my best thoughts and wishes, I am all with you in my prayers. I am familiar with similar situations, the more I am spiritually with you, your daughter and all your family.
Jacek in Poland
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Thank you Jacek.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S
'99 G.V. Rubio Estudio, Cedar, Palo Escrito

wchymeus

Post by wchymeus » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 am

So sad, so sad to read this. She is probably a strong person and is fighting with dignity. She may win or lose the battle but at least she seems at a rather young age to have prepared some legacy for our world. Your daughter probably wants the best for you and her family as you wish the best for her. Just stay all together.
My thoughts are with you and wishing you the best.
Field 2014, Oberg 2013, Vincente Sachis Badia 1977

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Michael, how's Jenny? Please keep us informed.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

markodarko

Post by markodarko » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:50 pm

May you find the will to be strong for your daughter during this time, Michael. I wish you and your family light in the deepest darkness.

Mark.
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Post by simonm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Very sorry to hear that. (I was on vacation as you began the thread and have only spotted it today). Cancer is horrid, the standard treatment frightening, and the behavior of the pharmaceutical/insurance industries around the disease is equally horrifying: an American life is worth 3x Europeans who in turn are worth 8x Indians if we are to judge by the price of certain cancer medicines.

I wish you and your daughter all the best. My wife would no doubt suggest finding a source of cannabis oil but not so easy in the US (or in Germany) so CBD it is.

Andrew Pohlman

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:32 pm

In my work as a nurse, I have cared for many cancer patients. I have seen exactly what your are facing. I truly hope the word survivor is part of your daughter's future. Hang together. As you are a man of faith, I say this. In the worst case for you, your daughter will be called to God's side, but for her, that may be the miracle.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

My best to you and your family Michael. I did not see this post when it was first written. Cancer can be beaten and it sounds like you and your family are fighting this! Keep strong and positive. Take care of your family, but don't neglect to take care of yourself. Guitar can be relaxing when you want to sit down and relax to catch a breath for a few minutes.

Martin
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Let's do something great before the year ends: remember mmapag's (Michael) daughter Jenny and Anthony Weller.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

dory

Post by dory » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:34 am

How is your daughter?
Dory

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Dory, I am so sorry. I never saw your post above. Thank you so much for caring! Her last scan was late January and the news was not good. Progression to the spine, liver, hips and brain. She is undergoing a revised treatment plan in a effort to save her life. Her immune system function is very low and so far nothing has slowed the cancer growth down.
She can't work at all and her only income right now is Social Security Disability. We have done a couple of fundraisers for her and have raised a good amount with GoFundMe. But with her living expenses and non covered treatment expenses, we have only a few months of cushion.
I have left my employment and am going out to Santa Monica in a couple of weeks to be part of the care giving team for her along with her mom(we have been divorced for over 20 years) and my 2 other daughters. My wife and I are selling our home to free up cash to continue to support her.
This whole thing over the last 1.5 years has been both emotionally crushing and the financial stress in just an additional component.
She is a beautiful and talented young woman. She and her musical duo partner came back from a week of gigs at SXSW in Austin where they played to great reviews. She is still fairly high functioning and to see her, you would never know she has this devastating illness. The thought that we could lose her is heartbreaking. We hope, pray and search daily for the key to getting her on the road to recovery.
So sorry for the heaviness of this update but this is what our life is right now. Should anyone want to offer support or any other form of help, feel free to PM me. Again, thanks for caring.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm

edcat7 wrote:Michael, how's Jenny? Please keep us informed.
Ed, sorry to have not done that. Sometimes I feel that I don't want to burden others. We have a great support system of family and friends but I see such caring posts here and feel I was remiss to not have kept you and others more informed. My apologies and thanks so much for the support.
Michael
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

chiral3

Post by chiral3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:50 pm

mmapag, I am sorry to hear the news. If I can offer one piece of advice based on my own experience that's easy to overlook: don't forget to take care of yourself.
Whatever catastrophe or dynamic equilibrium this will eventually lead to will be a mathematical not a moral phenomenon. - A Fryer

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Yes, thanks. I do have to be intentional about that sometimes.
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

mmapag

Post by mmapag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:13 pm

simonm wrote:Very sorry to hear that. (I was on vacation as you began the thread and have only spotted it today). Cancer is horrid, the standard treatment frightening, and the behavior of the pharmaceutical/insurance industries around the disease is equally horrifying: an American life is worth 3x Europeans who in turn are worth 8x Indians if we are to judge by the price of certain cancer medicines.

I wish you and your daughter all the best. My wife would no doubt suggest finding a source of cannabis oil but not so easy in the US (or in Germany) so CBD it is.
Simon,
She lives in California and Cannabis Oil is available there. She has been using it for about 6 months now. She increased the amount daily after the last scan. Thanks for your caring friendship.

Michael
'13 Esteve 7 SM
'75 Takamine 132 S

Return to “The Café”